[Odrl-version2] contracts/tickets and downstream rights

Susanne Guth Susanne.Guth at gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 13:12:36 EST 2004

> <snip>
> >     <o-ex:party party-type="consumer">
> >       <o-ex:context>
> >         <o-dd:uid>urn.ssp.user#shardeveld</o-dd:uid>
> >       </o-ex:context>
> >     </o-ex:party>
>
> I suppose the uid of the consumer may relate this party to the consumer
> Stephane van H.
> of your example? Could this also be a beneficiary party, which has a
> seperate agreement with the
> consumer party in the original contract?

Yes, exactly! And this makes already clear that the semantics of seller,
buyer, rightsholder, beneficiary must be clearly stated. Maybe, in my second
example (with contracts and tickets) it would have been more sensible if I
had chosen "beneficiary" for the party "urn.ssp.user#shardeveld".

> Might be. It should be possible, for example, to offer a contract where
> one
> buys an (anonymous?) ticket for an un-identified piece of music from a
> large
> supplier of music, and pass this on to another party (the beneficiary).
> This
> latter party may then exchange this ticket for a piece of music, providing
> the
> value of this ticket covers the value of this piece of music. (An
> electronic
> coupon, so to speak).

Yes, that is our plan. I will try to make this more clear in the requirement
1.5.

So long
Susanne

--
Susanne Guth
susanne at odrl.net
ODRL Initiative
http://odrl.net/

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++