Agenda GLD-WG telecon 28-Mar 2013
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 14:00-15:00 London, 15:00-16:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD" W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources: # Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Countdown: We have 9 weekly teleconferences left in our charter! (Including this one)
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2013-03-21 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Check out our main wiki page with deliverables status, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page.
Main Agenda (~45 minutes)
- First, many thanks for major outreach to CKAN, LOD2, EU Open Data, OKFN, MyData and the broader LOD community soliciting feedback this past week.
- Update from editors on feedback??
- Some activity on the mailing list this month; more would be great. See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-comments/2013Mar/
- Quick F2F3 in person confirmation, answer any outstanding questions. Draft Agenda for F2F3
- Confirming that PhilA will be our W3C staff contact at the F2F3.
- Linked Data Glossary
- Short name was approved, ld-glossary
- Pinged about a dozen LD book authors to feedback.
- Chairs to send email to sysreq at W3 requesting publication as of 2-April-2013.
- We'll continue to update the WG Note in April as & if feedback comes in.
- DCAT Vocab update, DCAT Timetable
- Data Cube Vocab update, Data Cube Timetable
- ORG Vocab update, ORG Timetable
- Community Directory, see Status as of 28-Mar-2013, prepared for launch 29-March-2013.
- Best Practices update, BP Timetable
- Remaining issues: Tracker review
NB: Thanks also to all those providing & incorporating feedback on Vocabs, Glossary & BP docs. The editors are working hard to keep up. If anyone has provided content/feedback/review and has not been acknowledged, please email the editors. We apologize in advance for any omitted acknowledgements & will fix asap.
- Reminder re Daylight Savings Time for meetings on 14, 21 and 28 March: [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2013Mar/0044.html Email from Sandro Hawke
- 2013 GLD WG F2F Thur-Friday 11-12 April 2012 in Dublin.
- To be coincident with the European Data Forum Tues-Wed April 9-10, 2013. The EDF series is a joint activity of the EC FP7 projects BIG, LOD2, and PlanetData and is supported by the European Commission. See http://2013.data-forum.eu/
Announcements & Resources
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: TBD
- Alternate: TBD
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#gld) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/YYYY/MM/DD-gld-minutes.html
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- LC feedback for DCAT, Data Cube and ORG Vocabularies, LD Glossary to WG Note, Best Practices to FPWD