From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
- 1 Agenda GLD-WG telecon 11 October 2012
- 1.1 Agenda
- 1.2 Admin
- 1.3 Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- 1.4 Chair's Checklist
- 1.5 Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- 1.6 Annotations
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 11 October 2012
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD" W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: email@example.com Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:email@example.com Contact GLD Chairs
Preliminary Items (~10 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2012-10-04 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
Main Agenda (~40 minutes)
- RADion status (PhilA) - RADion doc cleaned up in W3 namespace only
- ADMS & Legal Entity Vocabs (PhilA)
- See http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/adms/index.html
- Goal: ADMS to FPWD with namespace docs in place in October
- Maintaining momentum (DaveR)
- Seeking input for TPAC session for this WG: see http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2012/SessionIdeas#Linked_Data:_Helping_Public_Sector_to_Publish_High_Quality_Data
- Specifically, share how you're publishing and/or consuming Linked Data, inside or outside the firewall.
- Continue the deliverable discussion (time permitting)
Upcoming Meeting Agenda Planning (~5 minutes)
- Agenda, Announcements, Scribes
- Planning for TPAC
- Update Scribes and Regrets pages
- Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Announcements (~5 minutes)
- October 15-19, 2012, Castle Dagstuhl, Wadern, Germany. DDI is a documentation initiative of microdata. Related to QB work (statistics, pre-processing, provenance, versioning). Example achievement of last workshop: draft SKOS extension ISO Extensions to SKOS Website: http://www.gesis.org/en/events/gesis-workshops/ddi/
- TPAC 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon
- Liaison to Schema.org initiative - see 
- 2nd Workshop on Semantic Statistics for Social, Behavioural, and Economic Sciences: Leveraging the DDI Model for the Linked Data Web
- Sarven Capadisli announced his MSc thesis on Statistical Linked Dataspaces: see http://csarven.ca/statistical-linked-dataspaces. Case studies based on government data (Irish Census, Eurostat, World Bank). If you have any questions or comments, contact Sarven Capadisli @ DERI
- CrossRef's Fundref Pilot mentioned by Gerald Steeman, NASA
- FundRef is a collaborative pilot project of scholarly publishers and funding agencies, facilitated by CrossRef, to provide a standard way of reporting funding sources for published scholarly research. See http://www.crossref.org/fundref/index.html
- Other announcements?
- Chair: PhilA
- Scribe: TBD
- Alternate: TBD
- Regrets: George Thomas (travel), Richard Cyganiak (at risk due to travel), Boris Villazon-Terrazas (moving to other office), Jindřich Mynarz (travel), James McKinney (meeting conflict for first half)
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2012/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- ADMS Vocab, Legal Entity Vocab, ORG & DCAT update