NOTE: This document is no longer maintained because the Web Applications Working Group was closed in October 2015 and its deliverables transferred to the Web Platform Working Group.
This document contains proposed changes for WebApps' Current Charter, i.e. the charter that expires 30-June-2012.
SeeAlso: PubStatus; minutes from 31-Oct-2011 discussions
A DRAFT charter that includes these changes is available.
The following charter additions have been agreed:
- DOM Mutations/Observers - this will replace the "ADMN" deliverable in the current charter; re the exact title/text in the charter, see the 31-Oct-2011 minutes
- DOM Parser and Serializer (already in scope with WebApps' current charter and confirmed @ TPAC f2f meeting on 31-Oct-2010)
- URL spec; group agreed to add this in June-2011
- From-Origin; already considered in scope and published but needs to be an explicit deliverable
- Web Components; already considered in scope but needs to be an explicit deliverable
- Web Intents - this will be identified as a joint deliverable with Device API WG
- Pointer/Mouse Lock; agreed via 24-Nov-2011 CfC
- Gamepad; agreed via 24-Nov-2011 CfC
- Quota API; agreed via 13-Dec-2011 CfC
- Screen Lock API; agreed via 30-Jan-2012 CfC; (this spec was called Screen Orientation in earlier versions of this document)
- Fullscreen API; agreed via 31-Jan-2012 CfC; charter needs to reflect related liaison with CSS WG
- Input Method Editor (IME) - Use Cases and Draft API; agreed via 08-Feb-2012 CfC; charter needs to reflect related liaison with I18N Core WG
All charter addition proposals that have been agreed have been added to the Additions Agreed section above.
The following charter additions were Not agreed:
- Speech API; see 1-Feb-2012 email from Charles
- Web packaging / asset compression; see 16-Feb-2012 email from Art
Delete the following deliverables:
- Asynchronous DOM Mutation Notification (ADMN) - replaced by DOM Mutations/Observers
- Web SQL Database - work ended with a publication of a WG Note
- Programmable HTTP Caching and Serving - work ended with the publication of a WG Note
- UMP - WebAppSec is not pursuing this spec
The following deliverables have been proposed for deletion:
- None ...
Change the following deliverables:
- Clipboard API - change title to "Clipboard API and events"
- CORS - state this is now a joint deliverable with WebAppSec WG
- DOM Level 4 Core - change title to "DOM4"
- XHR1 and XHR2 - combine these two specs into a single XMLHttpRequest spec
- XBL2 - work on this spec may stop in deference to the Web Component work
Questions and Issues
- Web Notification - should the charter proposal include specs in development by the Web Notifications WG? See 31-Oct-2011 discussion
The common understanding for the group's Widget specs, some of which was captured during the TPAC f2f meeting, is:
- The WG will NOT start any new widget specs
- The WG will NOT start any new work on the specs that are considered finished, namely, those in PR or REC (or soon to be PR/REC): 1) Widget Packaging and XML Configuration, 2) XML Digital Signatures for Widgets, 3) view-mode Media Features, 4) WARP and 5) Widget Interface
- The Native Web Application CG is the venue to discuss the WG's two unfinished widget specs and to move them toward REC: 1) Widget Updates, 2) widget URI scheme. These specs will be published by WebApps.