Talk:Cluster Social Uses
From Library Linked Data
Scenarios (Case Studies)
(1 sentence summaries)
P2P book swapping: preserving this note which is perhaps too detailed for 1 sentence summary
- Ensure legal swapping of e-books by following conditions set in their licenses (available as linked data).
- refine cluster name and description
- "Social and emergents is about emergent information, created via participation of an open community of users, with a focus to social effects of information sharing, benefits from having massive amounts of user-contributed information, etc."
- prepare the Call for Use Cases
- before releasing, discuss the Call for Use Cases at LDD XG telco or group mailing list
- investigate other sources for use cases -- conclusion: interesting documents, but do not contain possible use cases for LLD.
- Social Web XG report and other materials (Uldis) - also ask SocWeb XG participants re this (DanBri, Harry Halpin, Henry Story)
- Dagstuhl workshop (Uldis)
- add notes (use case "seeds") to the wiki re possible use case topics
- send the Call for Use Cases
- sent to: public-LLD, Air-L, open-bibliography, public-xg-socialweb, public-lod, socnet, Dagstuhl SocNet workshop
- also send to: FOAF, SIOC?
- sent a reminder re Call for Use Cases to: public-LLD, Air-L, open-bibliography, public-lod, socnet, FOAF lists
- investigated a possible source of use cases: JISC effort presented recently: http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/navigate (Jodi)
- machine+computational uses -- how does linked data help? how can machine-generated linked data be used elsewhere?
- listserv conversations
- Social annotation
- Social recommendations
- Location/ownership info
- Add social features to ILSs
- Peer-to-peer e-book lending
- ReUse Your Data, from http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories#Re-Use_Your_Data: "Alice would like a single site that she controls to be the centre of all his social information. Currently she does it by maintaining feeds, but some of her sites don't support feeds. However, some of the data she would like on her site, such as her favorite books and interests, she would also like to retrieve from various social networking sites." - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jan/0016.html
- mobile social web: many people are using mobile devices to access the web, social networks, etc. how does that influence our use cases?
- activity streams: user activity sharing and aggregation may play a role in social cluster use cases.
- Enhance search engine results with library data like this SuDoc extension for Chrome, see example of adding SuDoc in map-related search results
- data citation?
- "Bibliosocial objects" - see Eric Hellman's c4l11 post and the bibliosocial objects post
- Sharing bibliographic user data (open-bibliography mailing list thread)
- JISC use cases