W3C TPAC Federated Social Web Agenda
From Federated Social Web Incubator Group
- 1 Agenda for Nov 1st meeting at TPAC
- 1.1 9:00-9:30 Introduction and Web Identity Charter Reading
- 1.2 9:30-10:00 Agenda Tweaking
- 1.3 10:00-11:00 Discussion of Identity API and Identity Sync Deliverables
- 1.4 11:00-12:00 Discussion with WebAppSec WG
- 1.5 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 1.6 13:00 - 13:30 Overview of the Social Web in 2011
- 1.7 13:30 - 15:00 Next Steps on OStatus
- 1.8 15:15-15:30 Coffee Break
- 1.9 15:30 - 17:00 State of Related Specifications
- 1.10 17:00-18:00
Agenda for Nov 1st meeting at TPAC
9:00-9:30 Introduction and Web Identity Charter Reading
- See proposed Web Identity Working Group charter
- Detail how this relates to existing Federated Social Web and OAuth
9:30-10:00 Agenda Tweaking
10:00-11:00 Discussion of Identity API and Identity Sync Deliverables
- Identity API should specify how web application developers access session-state information and use authentication credentials to enable functionality such as easier and more secure sign-on to services.
- Anonymous (null) identities? Multiple identities?
- Identity Sync should specify how web application developers can synchronize of identity information across multiple devices
11:00-12:00 Discussion with WebAppSec WG
- Crypto API commonly-used cryptographic primitives should be made available to web application developers via a standardized API to facilitate common operations such as asymmetric encryption key pair generation, encryption, and generation, as well as symmetric encryption, hashing, and signature verification.
- Common abstract model over smartcards etc.
- Sandboxing of keyring and relationship to vendor platforms
13:00 - 13:30 Overview of the Social Web in 2011
- Is standardization in the trajectory of any major providers (Facebook, Twitter, Google)
- W3C Social Business Jam Nov 8-10th
13:30 - 15:00 Next Steps on OStatus
- Report and Discussion on state of OStatus [Evan Prodromeo]
- OpenSocial2 now is more inline with OStatus
- News from OMA Mobile Social Networking [Claudio Venezia]
- Use-cases possible test-suite over SWAT 1
15:15-15:30 Coffee Break
15:30 - 17:00 State of Related Specifications
- What is status and future of the various specifications that OStatus depends on?
- ActivityStreams [Monica Wilkerson?]
- Pubsubhubub [Blaine Cook]
- PortableContacts [Joseph Smarr?]
- Salmon Protocol
- Future of the Federated Social Web XG Community Group and/or Working Group?
- Future Workshops RobustWeb in Cairo? The CA System? Social Web Workshop in Leuven? Federated Social Web Conference in San Francisco?