ACTION-531: Draft document on architectural good practice relating to registries

Draft document on architectural good practice relating to registries

State:
closed
Person:
Larry Masinter
Due on:
December 26, 2011
Created on:
February 10, 2011
Associated Issue:
URNsAndRegistries-50
Related emails:
  1. Re: Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 April 2012 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-04-10)
  2. Preliminary agenda for TAG teleconference of 12 April 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-04-09)
  3. Draft minutes for the TAG teleconference of 2 February 2012 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2012-02-08)
  4. Re: TAG call of 2 February 2012 MAY be canceled (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-02-01)
  5. Re: Mime/Web next steps (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-17)
  6. Draft minutes of 4-6 January 2012 TAG F2F are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2012-01-13)
  7. Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-30)
  8. Re: Revised MIME and Web product page (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-21)
  9. Revised MIME and Web product page (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-21)
  10. RE: evolution, mime, registration document posted (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-21)
  11. Re: evolution, mime, registration document posted (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-20)
  12. Re: Please review preliminary list of sessions for TAG January F2F (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-12-14)
  13. Please review preliminary list of sessions for TAG January F2F (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-13)
  14. Re: Roadmap on extensibility, registries, MIME (and MIME and the web Product Page) (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-13)
  15. Roadmap on extensibility, registries, MIME (and MIME and the web Product Page) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-13)
  16. Re: Draft Minutes of 8 Dec 2011 Teleconference (from mike@belshe.com on 2011-12-10)
  17. MIME, Extensions, Registries (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-10)
  18. Draft Minutes of 8 Dec 2011 Teleconference (from dan@bluevia.com on 2011-12-09)
  19. Re: early draft on 'best practices for registries' & Dec 8 call ACTION-531 (from tlr@w3.org on 2011-12-08)
  20. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 8 December 2011 (from noah@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-07)
  21. Re: early draft on 'best practices for registries' & Dec 8 call ACTION-531 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-07)
  22. RE: early draft on 'best practices for registries' & Dec 8 call ACTION-531 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-07)
  23. Re: early draft on 'best practices for registries' & Dec 8 call ACTION-531 (from tlr@w3.org on 2011-12-07)
  24. early draft on 'best practices for registries' & Dec 8 call ACTION-531 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-12-06)
  25. Draft minutes of 1 Dec 2011 teleconference (from rees@mumble.net on 2011-12-05)
  26. RE: CSS vendor extension issues (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-11-08)
  27. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  28. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-13)
  29. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  30. Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  31. Draft minutes for TAG telcon 2011-05-26 (from jeni@jenitennison.com on 2011-05-28)
  32. DRAFT Minutes from the May 5, 2011 TAG Telcon (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-05-19)
  33. RE: Tracking of pending media type/charset/URI registrations (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-03-05)
  34. Re: Tracking of pending media type/charset/URI registrations (from alexey.melnikov@isode.com on 2011-03-05)
  35. Minutes for 24 Feb 2011 TAG teleconference (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-03-02)
  36. Re: Tracking of pending media type/charset/URI registrations (from mnot@mnot.net on 2011-02-25)
  37. Draft minutes of the 8-10 February 2011 TAG F2F Meeting are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-21)
  38. Draft minutes of the 8-10 February 2011 TAG F2F Meeting are now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-02-21)

Related notes:

raised at Feb 2011 TAG F2F based on previous discussion of registries.

Larry Masinter, 21 Feb 2011, 00:52:47

See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0131.html


See also http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info for some registry issues.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0123.html
also IRI working group issue on URI scheme registration

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-irireg/

and related issues.

Larry Masinter, 21 Feb 2011, 01:15:03

IAB document on IANA: should coordiante

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-iana

Larry Masinter, 21 Feb 2011, 03:03:16

tie this in with persistence? action-478?

Larry Masinter, 5 May 2011, 18:06:12

Postponing, I will ping PLH and TLR

Larry Masinter, 26 May 2011, 18:01:44

Will be discussed at IETF hope to make progress there

Larry Masinter, 14 Jul 2011, 17:58:17

I started down this road, but I think future progress should be in coordination with HappIana...

willing to continue working on this with someone else.

Larry Masinter, 7 Jan 2012, 17:14:26

Display change log.


Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Peter Linss <w3c@linss.com>, Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>, Chairs, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $