From W3C Wiki
Every comment, issue, pull request on the GitHub web-platform-tests repository is broadcasted to everyone watching the repo. In most cases, that's not what we want.
Build a small app that:
- Receives notifications of pull request via GitHub's API.
- Identifies what specs are targeted by looking at the file changes.
- Labels the PR and related issue on GH with the spec's shortname.
- Emails a predefined mailing list with an appropriate subject prefix (e.g. [shortname]).
- When receiving new, unlabeled issues, sends them to a dedicated mailing list for triaging.
This should help solve the notification hell problem. It should also allow to filter pull requests by spec name in the GH Issues tool.