SweoIG/TaskForces/Web Developer Outreach
From W3C Wiki
Outreach to Web Developers
Task Lead: Kjetil Kjernsmo
The community project now has a page of its own at http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects .
- Gather exisiting resources (e.g. demos and code), so that we can promote work that has already been undertaken.
- Get web developers to write code. Need to find compelling, non-trivial but most importantly not overambitious application scenarios. Need a reasonably stable hosting environment. A bucketload of glue.
- We should be encouraging the community to write cool code, rather than writing code ourselves. Maybe forums or hackathons would be helpful in this regard.
- We should decide where we would like to focus, so that we can target messaging, and show the best demos.
- We should identify events / conferences to participate at. See list at: http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/Conferences
- Once we have identified messaging and demos, we should reach out to the blog community.
- We should have our own community blog.
- Focus on the social aspects e.g. 'Search/Findability', 'Trust', 'Relevance'
- Persuade TimBL to do interviews with the Web 2.0 community
- Focus at the semantic web level, rather than RDF for example