RDF-Based Integration of SenseLab/BrainPharm and SWAN/Alzforum
This use case demonstrates how to use Oracle/RDF to integrate RDF datasets (obtained from SenseLab and SWAN) representing drugs and publications related to the Alzheimer's Disease. This work involves collaboration among SenseLab, SWAN, Alzforum and Oracle. A manuscript is currently being prepared in submission to SeS2006 (International Workshop on Semantic e-Science). The pilot system involves the following components:
- Export a subset of BrainPharm (Chemicals) to EDSP/XML format.
- Convert the EDSP/XML format into RDF format using XSLT
- Load the converted dataset into Oracle/RDF
- Load the SWAN RDF dataset into Oracle/RDF
- Issue RDF queries against the datasets separately as well as in an integrated fashion
Retrieve from BrainPharm information about the drug Donepezil and Alzforum-annotated publications corresponding to Donepezil from SWAN