The Media Capture API (a.k.a. navigator.getUserMedia) is developed by a joint task force between the WebRTC and Device APIs Working Groups (see the task force charter which replaced the original task force charter in February 2013).
This page serves as a coordination point for the work in this task force.
- "Media Capture and Streams"
- "MediaStream Recording API"
- "MediaStream Image Capture"
- "Media Capture Depth Stream Extensions"
- "Media Capture Stream with Worker"
- "Audio Output Devices API"
- "Media Capture from DOM Elements"
- "Screen Capture
TR Review Queue
Next in Queue
April 24th 2012. Minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Apr/att-0031/minutes-2012-04-24.html
May 9th 2012. Minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012May/0070.html
June 7th 2012. Minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Jun/0055.html
Aug 23rd 2012. Minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Aug/0149.html
Oct 9th 2012. Minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2012Nov/0041.html
March 25th 2013. Minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Apr/0006.html
June 5th 2013: Joint call with WebRTC on the use of DOM Futures/Promises. Raw minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Jun/att-0148/minutes-2013-06-05.html
Aug 28th 2013. Raw minutes http://www.w3.org/2013/08/28-mediacap-minutes.html
March 27th 2014. Raw minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2014Mar/0176.html
June 25th 2014. Raw minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2014Jun/0144.html
August 5th 2014. Raw minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2014Aug/0049.html
October 2nd 2014. Raw minutes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2014Oct/0186.html
- Archives of the email@example.com mailing-list are publicly available. This mailing-list should be used for all technical discussions within the group.
- Tracker is used to track actions within the group. We're only using the ACTION section.
- github Issues, File an Issue at the repository in question (search for "mediacapture").
The group uses IRC to take minutes and exchange info during calls and face-to-face meetings: