HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2009-02-23 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Monday February 23, 2009
- Time of Call: 11:00 am Eastern Time
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Frequency: bi-weekly
- Convener: Kei Cheung
- Scribe: Kei Cheung
- Scott Marshall, Kei Cheung, Matthias Samwald, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Rob Frost
- Adrian Paschke, Jun Zhao
- Roll call (Kei Cheung)
- Query federation -- finalize biordf presentation at C-SHALS (All)
- Paper submission (All)
kei: update on the C-SHALS presentation
kei: a draft (incomplete) of the biordf presentation was circulated, any feedback?
eric: how to incorporate FeDeRate?
kei: a suggested set of data files was circulated.
eric: the time constraint may be too tight.
kei: receptor name mapping can be tricky.
eric: maybe we can modify the owl mappings file to get around the problem
matthias: maybe we can map using dbpedia gene/protein
eric: kei can covert the iuaphar receptor tables (spreadsheets) into csv files
eric: we should send out information to the HCLS group so that the group is aware of our work/datasets
scott: think the biordf presentation looks good
kei: publication opportunities?
kei: adrian brought up the bmc bioinformatics special issue on “Semantic Web Applications and Tools for the Life Sciences”.
scott: it looks like a good fit
eric: is it a good way of outreach?
kei and scott: yes
kei: we may need to share the publication cost (700 euro)
kei: the submission deadline is March 15 -- it'd be great if we can have more time
kei: will contact adrian to see if it's possible to extend the deadline
kei: will also discuss the cost issue
kei: next biordf call will be on march 9 (may move it to March 2 if needed)