HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2008-03-31 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday March 31, 2008
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie
  • Scribe: Holger

Agenda

  • Focus on DSI note - Kerstin, Bo, etc.
  • Update on SenseLab and KB note - Scott, Matthias
  • Update on HCLS panel at WWW - Susie
  • AOB

Minutes

  • <Zakim> On the phone I see Susie, Kei_Cheung, Bo.Anderssen, EricP, Kerstin_Forsberg, hotel_stenzhorn, +003120416aaaa, Sean_Martin
  • <Zakim> On IRC I see kei, mscottm, RRSAgent, Zakim, holger_stenzhorn, Susie, ericP
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: call focus on DSI note
  • <holger_stenzhorn> and on other notes such as Senselab note
  • <holger_stenzhorn> and on the panel of the HCLS workshop at WWW
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Eric N not able to dial in
  • <holger_stenzhorn> move forward best as we can in termns of decisions
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Kerstin spent a lot of work in this effort
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Kerstin: pity to have Eric not online
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I have been doing work on this - CDISC and information standards
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I tried incorporate in detail level the information models
  • <holger_stenzhorn> but what is missing is a description of the actual purpose
  • <holger_stenzhorn> We have to decide if we continue the paper...
  • <holger_stenzhorn> and focus it rather on a kind of a problem description
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Bosse: agreement on the purpose to communicate the actual purpose better
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: good nuggets inside the document and it would be a shamne not to publish the document
  • <holger_stenzhorn> very keen to move it forward
  • <holger_stenzhorn> but not read the paper thoroughly enough
  • <holger_stenzhorn> but I was not sure what the actual goal of the paper was
  • <holger_stenzhorn> there was not "we need to do this and why this is really urgent"
  • <holger_stenzhorn> a lot of this paper is alligned with the work Ruberg with CDISC
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Kerstion: discussion o n the paper started over a year ago
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: get Steve Ruberg - as CDISC expert - more involved and let him guide us
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Kerstin: make Steven more aware about the SW tehnologies
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Suisie: show why a better designed SDTM would be of a good value
  • <holger_stenzhorn> show the CDISC guys what the SW can provide for them
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: maybe as a next step - we could try to arrange a call with Eric at a time that suits him
  • <holger_stenzhorn> then if that proposla does not work out we hjave to do our own thing (without Steven)
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I as thinking that a better definition of data elements would be a good start
  • <holger_stenzhorn> and show what the SW could provide
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Bo: I like the proposal
  • <holger_stenzhorn> that we start by talking to Eric and what he thinks about this
  • <holger_stenzhorn> we also have Steven Goodson from Pfizer
  • <holger_stenzhorn> he was active while we were active in DSI group
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I can see quite some goud things in Susie's proposal
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP: overlap with the work in COI but a little different goal
  • <holger_stenzhorn> in COI a helth care model and clinical research model
  • <holger_stenzhorn> and show how to migrite the data between the two
  • <holger_stenzhorn> overlap between COI and what we are doing a little less
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: so COI moved basically from finding candiates for clinical trials?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP: no, that is still the use case but the use case has been expanded a bit
  • <holger_stenzhorn> if you look at their stuff it gets close to the things we want to describe in out paper
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: ask COI people to further collaboration
  • <Susie> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dthvctw_5fwwwprc3&hl=en
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Holger: I am in COI an can contribute too
  • <holger_stenzhorn> It works for me
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I need write access to the document
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie:I will give you access
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: It would be a shame to drop this paper - so we have to continue working on that
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Scott: we have to have a joint call with COI
  • <holger_stenzhorn> because I am loosing touch with the things that they do
  • <holger_stenzhorn> but they do things that are highly relevant to us to
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: (agreement)
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: invite Vipul to come and talk at the BioRDF call
  • <holger_stenzhorn> time problems - for me and others
  • <holger_stenzhorn> perhaps the week after the WWW conf
  • <holger_stenzhorn> next up in the agenda:
  • <holger_stenzhorn> ErciP: reworked the images on the KB article
  • <holger_stenzhorn> problems with senselab images
  • <ericP> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/notes/kb/master.svg
  • <holger_stenzhorn> (not image but query)
  • <ericP> master.png
  • <holger_stenzhorn> ...and images
  • <holger_stenzhorn> it might be worth waiting some more days
  • <holger_stenzhorn> to make more clear to the reader to make clear the senselab stuff
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: does this round of HCLS end at the end of may?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP: but does this boundary matter?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: we have four more weeks ,left
  • <holger_stenzhorn> go for publication today and see if people understand it
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Suie: can you fix everuthing up over the next couple of days and then publish
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP: working on the images for the last few days
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: aim for publishing on Thrusday
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP is asware of all the steps that are needed
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: I will check the doc a bit and provide feedback
  • <mscottm> Eric - I can only linger if we're done early. I've got a parent-teacher conference after this
  • <holger_stenzhorn> moving on in the agenda
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Panel at the WWW
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: we made quite a progress in the panel
  • <holger_stenzhorn> we have a full set of panelists line up
  • <holger_stenzhorn> we have the keynote speakers to the panelists
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: agreement of 2 minutes into by the panelists to themselves
  • <holger_stenzhorn> today I want to get feedback on questions that we can give to the panelists
  • <holger_stenzhorn> 5 question proposed by me
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I can email those question in advance to the panelists
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP: but the ordering of the question might elucidate different answers from the people
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: perhaps some of the questions could be asked twice
  • <holger_stenzhorn> to see if the answers changed between the interfering questions
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: so is the order ok?
  • <Susie> •What is the status of the Semantic Web for HCLS in Asia? How is it similar or different to that of communities in North America and Europe?
  • <Susie> •What can be done to increase the sharing of knowledge in this domain around the world?
  • <Susie> •Where are the key spots where we’ll get the most return from data integration efforts?
  • <Susie> •What can be done to better integrate between health care and life science?
  • <Susie> •What are the social barriers to data integration at the individual and enterprise levels?
  • <Susie> •Is there a role for Semantics with relational databases?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Key: does the cultural question include language barriers as well?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: yes - all different aspects can be included in this question
  • <holger_stenzhorn> language and cultural questions
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: anything else we have to think about for the workshop?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> who does moderate the WS, who kicks it off and who closes it?
  • <holger_stenzhorn> I send a mail around with people to choose from
  • <holger_stenzhorn> Susie: we are done then
  • <holger_stenzhorn> EricP and Mathais, Scott talk on about the documents