HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-11-19 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday November 19, 2007
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie Stephens
  • Scribe: Jonathan Rees

Agenda

  • Meeting Updates (ISWC BOF, WWW2008) - Susie
  • URI note - Jonathan
  • Knowledgebase extensions - Alan
  • Clinical data set assessment - All
  • AOB

Minutes

  • Attendees: Olivier Bodenreider, Scott Marshall, Jonathan Rees, Kei Cheung, Alan Ruttenberg, Susie Stephens
  • <Susie> Regrets: Don Doherty, Dave Booth, Adrian Paschke
  • <Susie> Susie: ISWC BOF appeared to go well.
  • <Susie> Susie: Not much of an update on WWW2008
  • <mscottm> now scribing
  • <mscottm> Susie: workshop proposal accepted for WWW2008
  • <Susie> http://ccnt.zju.edu.cn/hcls2008/index.php?title=Main_Page
  • <mscottm> Susie: we could have a special BMC Bioinformatics issue with a selection of workshop papers
  • <mscottm> Susie: Alan submitted a tutorial proposal - still waiting to hear back on that
  • <mscottm> Susie: we should keep our eyes peeled for events where we can spread the word about HCLS activities
  • <Susie> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Conference_Possibilities
  • <mscottm> Alan: adding primitives to the database to make SPARUL queries
  • <alanr> Adrian is adding primitives to PROVA
  • <mscottm> Susie: Adrian would be interested in hearing updates about people's day jobs
  • <mscottm> Susie: What do others think of this?
  • <alanr> +1
  • <mscottm> Alan/Susie: it would probably work out generally better for people with academic jobs
  • <jar> http://sw.neurocommons.org/2007/kb-sources/README.html
  • <mscottm> Jonathan: Taking on advice on how to credit people (see above URL)
  • <mscottm> Susie: It would be nice to put out information on W3C's semantic web activities pages in addition to HCLS pages
  • <mscottm> Jonathan: Some files that have been loaded in the triple store are tarballs, some are OWL RDF/XML.
  • <mscottm> Kei: Should we try to release some files separately?
  • <mscottm> Kei: There are some people that might want to perform their own conversion and want access to the relational tables.
  • <mscottm> Susie: It sounds like SenseLab and similar data would want to release data in tabular format from their own websites.
  • <mscottm> Susie: Anything new on the URI note?
  • <mscottm> Jonathan: Took a small vacation from that. Still digesting extensive discussion with Michel Dumontier.
  • <mscottm> Susie: Jonathan has been elected to TAG.
  • <mscottm> Susie: next meeting, skip next week?
  • <mscottm> Alan/Olivier: Can't make Dec. 3
  • <mscottm> Alan: What should we attempt to do before the end of the charter?
  • <mscottm> Susie: Would like to consolidate KB and make progress on URI note
  • <mscottm> Alan: Is it possible to talk about the SenseLab format next week?
  • <mscottm> Kei: Will look into availability of Matthias and Louis
  • <jar> susie, please put doc process url into the chat
  • <Susie> IGs can publish "Interest Group Notes". More information about what the documents look like available in pubrules: http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules
  • <Susie> And how to get there in "transitions" http://www.w3.org/Guide/transitions
  • <mscottm> Alan: What are the document format requirements and who will do it
  • <mscottm> Alan: I think that if we can get some editing help..
  • <Susie> Action: Alan, Scott, Susie to write up a W3C Note on the KB
  • <Susie> Action: Kei to see if Matthias and Louis Marenco can present next week on SenseLab
  • <mscottm> http://bioinf.ncl.ac.uk/comparagrid/
  • <mscottm> http://bioinf.ncl.ac.uk/comparagrid/datapublisher-how-to