HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-06-04 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday June 4, 2007
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie Stephens
  • Scribe: Jonathan Rees

Agenda

  • Extending the demo
  • Demo outreach
  • Next steps for BioRDF
  • AOB

Minutes

  • Attendees: Matthias Samwald, Kei Cheung, Don Doherty, John Barkely, Alan Ruttenberg, Scott Marshall, Eric Prud’hommeaux, Susie Stephens
  • AR - Deri will host data and have ordered a machine. Giovanni Tummarello is the primary contact.
  • AR - Amit Sheth, Wright State has agreed to host data. Just waiting for login information.
  • AR - Need to send boxes back to HP at the end of the week.
  • AR - Science Commons will help fill the gap if necessary.
  • AR - JR looking into material transfer agreement for many data sources. Looking at other places that could benefit from this. Currently no bias to neuroscience.
  • AR - Hosted all OBO ontologies.
  • AR – Next week we discuss new data sources to add to the demo.
  • AR – Encourage companies to start using the data. Good if people could outreach to see if there are missing data sources fromt heir perspective.
  • MS – Need to work on the ontology. Currently using something that was done quickly. The URI patterns were designed quickly too.
  • SS – MS write up comments about the ontology for next week’s call.
  • AR – Agree that something’s need to be fixed. But iteration may be the better approach.
  • AR – Maybe useful to go through the representation.
  • SS – Proposes informal F2F for this discussion, but selecting dates is tricky.
  • AR – JR taking lead on URI patterns that are used in the demo.
  • AR – Proposes asking JR to do URI thing next week.
  • DD – SfN abstract would almost certainly be accepted. Happy to take the lead in terms of presenting. Orient existing material more towards neuroscience. More than likely it’ll be a poster. The more the merrier for helping with the poster. If it’s an oral presentation, then a double act may work, but slots can be very short.
  • KC – Gordon Shepherd has been invited to show SenseLab at a booth at the SfN. Maybe able to show our stuff through this channel too.
  • MS – Good if many people help prepare the poster. Good to develop a nice diagram that shows the links between the data sets. Good resource going forward. Start by reviewing existing figure, and then adapting the best one(s).
  • JB – There’s a graph on the SenseLab web site that runs in protégé and looks cool.
  • AR – The poster needs to address the abstract that we submitted.
  • MS – We should show how our data links to the larger scientific community. ISMB on July 20, and bioontology meeting is before that, so there’s time to get this done.
  • SS – MS to set up a wiki page for the poster. Highlight the different sections that will be included in the poster.
  • SS – Would need to get legal permission from Lilly, but can take name of poster if there isn’t time.
  • MS – Has money to attend the BioOntology SIG.
  • SM – Nice to be at a DILS next year.
  • AR – Will present at Jackson labs. In the not too distant future.
  • MS – Will present at III conference in Graz, Austria, in the fall.
  • SS – Presenting at DDT and Bridging Pharma and IT in Boston in the summer and fall.
  • KC – Organizing a cyberinfrastructure workshop, where SemWeb is an area of focus, so potential opportunity here too.