HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2006-03-06 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Monday March 6, 2006
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time/16:00 UTC
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
  • Duration: ~1 hour
  • Convener: Susie Stephens
  • Scribe: Scott Marshall (Thanks to Joanne Luciano for filling in some gaps)

Draft Agenda

  1. Review updated task templates
  2. Assign individuals to tasks
  3. Provide overview of the touch points call

Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Kei Cheung, Christophe Poulain, Susie Stephens, Scott Marshall, Karen Skinner (new), Joanne Luciano, Davide Zaccagnini, Alan Ruttenberg, Vipul Kashyap

Regrets: John Wilbanks, Olivier Bodenreider

Susie asked people to take a look at the new task template.

Karen introduced herself. Karen is at NIH / National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and NCBC Program Director.

Karen: Who is involved in SenseLab? Kei Cheung: There is interest in converting SenseLab into RDF. http://senselab.med.yale.edu/senselab/

Alan: Let's talk about the title of the task. Concerned about the demo and the data translation. Two different kinds of activities by people with different skill sets. Would like to stay focused.

Scott: Huntington's Disease (HD) as a use case to help focus? Our group is involved in a HD project. http://integrativebioinformatics.nl/projects/hd/huntingtons.html Would be willing to provide one of our HD people as advisor to propose interesting data, experimental question.

Joanne: Agreed that an application helps to focus activities. Worked on Huntington's in 2001.

General agreement.

Susie: Will someone email to the HCLSIG forum about Huntington's? Scott: Ok.

Susie: Is there some overlap with your work Karen? Karen: Blueprint is a large project that involves HD. http://www.nida.nih.gov/about/blueprint/index.html

Alan: Let's get some scientists together to discuss the scientific question(s). Would like a "scientific advisory board" as a user's group to drive the activities. Susie: Ok, let's bounce it up to the general list to see how much interest there is.

Karen: There will be a large (non-public) meeting at NIH at end of March with lot's of different neuroscience projects. There will be another large meeting "Human Brain Project Spring Meeting" in April 24-25. Good place to advertise our initiative. Get Eric Neumann to talk about it.

Susie: It would be nice to interest people at the HBP Spring meeting (maybe with a demo?).

Susie: We've covered most items on the agenda now. Does anyone want to sign up for something?

Scott: Describes http://www.neumetrix.com microarray data resource for Huntington's Disease. Has been identified by local HD researchers as an interesting source of data.

Joanne: Please put the details of lessons learnt and pitfalls to avoid on the Wiki too.

Alan: Interested in Neumetrix. Please post info. Hoping to choose a task soon. Expect to report on this as early as next week.

Susie recaps vision that goals a) span bench to bedside b) be iterative/incremental

Joanne adds/agrees adds a) the subgroups should be aligned to a single vision b) re use tools for converting from different format types

Davide: Some thoughts about clinical use cases and sci. adv. board. Need a conceptual framework (OWL) for the RDF. Would be willing to translate from clinical use case.

Vipul: Get in touch with Tim Clark for clinical aspects.

Karen: NIH already has a scientific board that could make suggestions.

Many: Whoever sends out the e-mail should make it clear that HD is a tentative proposal. The application should depend on the expertise available to us.

Karen: IP will also be an issue. Wide variety of data to be integrated in the demo. We want the data to be available for reuse.

Davide: Would like a demo that spans clinical practice, clinical data, biomedical data. Susie: Can start with just a few things to get going.

Scott: Will send draft email about HD/SAB to Susie (and Joanne) before sending to entire list. Susie: John Wilbanks at next week's teleconf.

All agreed that it would be good to bring up the need for a SAB and single vision on Thursday's conference call.