From W3C Wiki
Interface for Integrated Biomedical Networks Analysis
- Biomedical network is typically complex and difficult to manage.
- There are different types of biomedical networks that are heterogeneous and separated.
- Biomedical networks are normally loosely-coupled and large in size, therefore simply merging different networks is not a solution.
- Using networked ontology, or ontology network, to represent biomedical network.
- Using semantic technology to integrate heterogonous biomedical networks into semantic graphs.
- To utilize existing mining, clustering and other graph-based techniques to process biomedical networks.
Expected major outcomes
- Approaches for integrating heterogeneous biomedical networks.
- API to help users deploy the common interface into their application.
- Web services to provide data sharing and visualization by using user-defined applications.