HCLSIG/Meetings/2009-04-16 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Thursday April 16, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Scott, Susie

Agenda

Minutes

Attendees: Scott, Bosse, Susie, EricP, Jun, Marco, Helena, Stephen, Helen, Michel, Egon

<mscottm> topic: task updates

<mscottm> Scott: (BioRDF) wrote article for BMC Bioinformatics with an overview of federation technologies: Receptor Explorer, AIDA, FeDeRate, voiD, aTags. Expect to hear back about acceptance in a few weeks.

<mscottm> Helen: (COI) waiting for some more development from EricP for demo, federation is relevant to COI as well.

<mscottm> Susie: Pharma Ontology would be interested in COI expertise, COI has some experience with things like RxNorm, etc.

<mscottm> Helen, EricP: We won't need a breakout session at the F2F.

<mscottm> Helen: Looks like COI demo is finished.

<mscottm> Susie: (LODD) Things are progressing nicely. Cleaning up slides for the LOD workshop. Working on adding more datasets for competitive intelligence, with an eye toward the iTriplification Challenge.

<mscottm> Bosse: We are using questions from Pharma Ontology to inform datasets that we need to add. This will help us to connect data to the Pharma Ontology work.

<mscottm> Susie (Pharma Ontology): Submitted an abstract to the ICBO. John Madden did some word frequency analysis on the questions. Creating a matrix of entity relationships. When we create a use case, we will need to create more than a high level ontology.

<mscottm> Susie: no update from Scientific Discourse

<ericP> mscottm: no Term call since last hcls call

<mscottm> topic: F2F

<mscottm> Susie: Karen Skinner, Maryanne Martone will talk about challenges in Neuroscience. We will have task updates and breakout sessions. There will be discussions on strategy, integration across tasks, outreach, and resource. Everyone wanted to talk about Terminology so we will hold that session on the second day (when John Madden is there).

<Susie> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2009-04-30_F2F

<mscottm> EricP: Collecting information about who wants to go to dinner. We will meet at the R&D pub and go to a nearby restaurant/brewery.

<mscottm> Susie: Participants can add their name to the F2F wiki with remote (and dinner) next to name.

<mscottm> Susie: Lets us know if you will be attending in person or remotely, so that we can get the right number of lunches, and telcon lines.