HCLSIG/Meetings/2008-08-07 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Thursday August 7, 2008
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) Boston, USA, 16:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 17:00 Central European Time (CET) Paris
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Chime, Scott, Susie

Agenda

Minutes

  • http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-hcls-minutes.html
  • ** Susie [2800280a@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls
  • ** Topic is: HCLS COI call — http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hcls-coi/2008AprJun/0084
  • ** Topic set by ericP [Tue Jun 10 15:03:25 2008]
  • ** Susie johnbreslin ericP
  • ** Channel created on Fri Mar 21 23:09:35 2008
  • ** JohnMadden [john_madde@67.209.13.244] has joined #hcls
  • ** Huajun [huajunsir@125.122.182.217] has joined #HCLS
  • ** Huajun left #HCLS []
  • ** chimezie [chimezie@64.92.170.181] has joined #hcls
  • ** Zakim [rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.30] has joined #hcls
  • ** RRSAgent [rrs-loggee@128.30.52.30] has joined #hcls

<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-hcls-irc

<ericP> Zakim, this is hcls

<Zakim> ok, ericP; that matches SW_HCLS()11:00AM

  • ** mscottm [marshall@81.69.36.208] has joined #hcls

<Zakim> +Kei_Cheung

<ericP> Zakim, please dial ericP-office

<Zakim> ok, ericP; the call is being made

<Zakim> +EricP

  • ** Huajun [huajunsir@125.122.182.217] has joined #HCLS
  • ** Donald_Doherty [Donald_Doh@151.201.29.168] has joined #HCLS

<Zakim> + +1.949.481.aagg

<mscottm> Zakim, who is on the phone?

<Zakim> On the phone I see +1.301.975.aaaa, +1.781.662.aabb, +1.919.597.aacc, +1.317.433.aadd, +46.4.63.3.aaee, [Microsoft], +1.212.217.aaff, DavidClarke, Kei_Cheung, EricP,

<Zakim> ... +1.949.481.aagg

<Zakim> +Don_Doherty

<Zakim> + +1.216.636.aahh

  • ** kei [kei.cheung@128.36.29.61] has joined #HCLS

<Zakim> +??P9

<mscottm> Zakim, +1.317.433.aadd is mscottm

<Zakim> +mscottm; got it

<chimezie> Zakim, who is on the phone?

<Zakim> On the phone I see +1.301.975.aaaa, +1.781.662.aabb, +1.919.597.aacc, mscottm, +46.4.63.3.aaee, [Microsoft], +1.212.217.aaff, DavidClarke, Kei_Cheung, EricP, +1.949.481.aagg,

<Zakim> ... Don_Doherty, +1.216.636.aahh, ??P9

<chimezie> Zakim, +1.216.636.aah is me

<Zakim> +chimezie; got it

<ericP> Zakim, +1.301.975.aaaa is Linda_King

<Zakim> +Linda_King; got it

<Zakim> -??P9

  • ** Huajun [huajunsir@125.122.182.217] has quit [Ping timeout]

<ericP> Zakim, +46.4.63.3.aaee is Bosse

<Zakim> +Bosse; got it

<ericP> Zakim, +1.212.217.aaff is Mark

<Zakim> +Mark; got it

<JohnMadden> zakim, +1.919.597.aacc is JohnMadden

<Zakim> +JohnMadden; got it

<ericP> Zakim, +1.949.481.aagg is Carl

<Zakim> +Carl; got it

<ericP> Zakim, who is here?

<Zakim> On the phone I see Linda_King, +1.781.662.aabb, JohnMadden, mscottm, Bosse, [Microsoft], Mark, DavidClarke, Kei_Cheung, EricP, Carl, Don_Doherty, chimezie

<Zakim> On IRC I see kei, Donald_Doherty, mscottm, RRSAgent, Zakim, chimezie, JohnMadden, Susie, johnbreslin, ericP

<Susie> Zakim, pick a scribe

<Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Linda_King

<ericP> scribe: ericP

<ericP> topic: news

<ericP> Susie: would like updates from the task forces

<Zakim> +Vipul_Kashyap

<Zakim> +??P8

<ericP> -> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/MappingRules/ SPASQL rule mapping paper (using COI data)

<ericP> vipul: we need the mapping from RxNorm to NDC code

  • ** Huajun [huajunsir@125.120.181.41] has joined #HCLS

<ericP> ... we'll meet on monday to search for candidate patients

<ericP> kei: have been on sabatical

<ericP> ... next BioRDF call will be 8Sept

<ericP> ... agenda: work on the hcls kb, including deri's hosting of the kb

<JohnMadden> eric,could you move your phone receiver away from your keyboard -- your keyclicks are coming through phone

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls
  • ericP JohnMadden, better now?

<JohnMadden> much, thanks

  • ericP had forgotten to switch to the headset mike

<JohnMadden> fine noe

<JohnMadden> now

<ericP> Susie: linking open drug data:

<ericP> ... have a call with mohammad uldrin, who will share his drug target paper with us

<ericP> ... expect to drill down and look for interesting questions

<ericP> ... expect to map peoples' data ourselves to convince people to host sparql endpoints themselves

<ericP> Zakim, who is speaking?

<Zakim> ericP, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.781.662.aabb (8%), ??P8 (28%), EricP (9%)

<ericP> Zakim, plese mute ??P8

<Zakim> I don't understand 'plese mute ??P8', ericP

<ericP> Zakim, please mute ??P8

<Zakim> ??P8 should now be muted

<ericP> chimezie: terminology task force in early stages, but lots of interest

<ericP> ... have asked JohnMadden if he's interested in leading

<ericP> JohnMadden: happy to take it on, need to schedule regular meeting

<Susie> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2008-08-07_Conference_Call

<ericP> topic: connecting two worlds

  • ** vipul [aadff72d@67.207.141.120] has joined #hcls

<ericP> -> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2008-08-07_Conference_Call?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=EHRCR.pdf EHRCR paper

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]

<Susie> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2008-08-07_Conference_Call

<ericP> linda: am representing e-clinical forum and the CDC clinical task force today

<ericP> ... have presented at hands 2008 (SP?)

<ericP> ... have large vendors and niche providers

<ericP> ... been working with hl7

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> [slide 11]

<ericP> linda: tool their EHR profile to see where we need to extend it for clinical research

<ericP> [slide 12]

<ericP> [slide 12]

<ericP> s/12/13/

<ericP> [slide 14]

<ericP> linda: most research is global, needs to translate to EuroRec

<ericP> [slide 15]

<ericP> linda: hope for HL7 and ANSI standard in jan 09

<ericP> [slide 16]

<ericP> linda: release 1: make sure it had the req'd data for research

<ericP> [slide 17,20]

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]

<ericP> linda: our EHR-CR is under Tier0

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> linda: Tier0 is RFD

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC]
  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> [slide 21]

<ericP> linda: current state is very separate worlds with duplicate data entry

<ericP> [slide 22]

<ericP> linda: next state will still require the investigator to enter some research data

<ericP> [slide 23]

<ericP> linda: will need separate entry system even at Teir1

<ericP> [slide 24-26]

<ericP> linda: Tier3 gets real reuse of the data

  • ericP Zakim, who is speaking?
  • Zakim ericP, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.781.662.aabb (8%), Linda_King (5%), EricP (38%)

<ericP> linda: we talked about the requirements for a clinic to participate in research

<ericP> ... we talked about what was needed, but have not prescribed any tech

<ericP> [slide 29]

<ericP> [slide 32]

<ericP> linda: all of these workflow participants are documented in IHE

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]

<ericP> ... we started with C-DASH, to populate forms

<ericP> ... a lot of the data is collected in a running record format

<ericP> ... to facilitate that, we had the sponsor site (quintiles) send the data to a holding area for the form filler to interrogate

<ericP> [next slide: Cerner EHR System]

<ericP> linda: this does not introduce new reqs on the user

<ericP> ... the blanks indicate the data that the study corrdinator needs to supply

<ericP> ... we want to capture transient events (reported nausea)

<ericP> ... have option for mod'ing current other medication

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> [slide Submitted to Form Receiver Successfully]

<ericP> linda: no ids supplied apart from the sponsor's unique id

<ericP> ... demographics are preserved if they appear in the body of the case report

<ericP> [slide IPL Data Archive]

<ericP> [slide 44, tabular report]

<ericP> vipul: what's the relationship between OHM and SDTM?

<ericP> linda: [some folks] have been working on that connection

<ericP> vipul: Braun kissler suggested that all the clinical models will be harmonnized with the SDTM

<ericP> [slide Data Reciever]

<Zakim> +??P5

<ericP> linda: populates based on patient data passed from EHR system

<ericP> [sldie 47, Next Steps]

<ericP> linda: nuts and bolts stuff, like "how do you data-lock this?"

<ericP> ... actively looking for a trial site to compare RFD systems and conventional system

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]
  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> linda: hope to remove humans from the RFD process

<vipul> q+

  • Zakim sees vipul on the speaker queue

<ericP> ... would give secondary uses (e.g. epidemiology research) that much more credibility

<ericP> vipul: have talked with kathrine about this

<ericP> ... see COI as a complement to your work

<ericP> ... [ref slide low 20s]

<ericP> ... trying to avoid hard coding the mapping

<ericP> ... a declarative mapping would allow us to just push a button

<ericP> ... there is a big push on the HC world to follow C-CHT recommendations

<ericP> ... would be great to take any EMR system, and a clinical trial system (e.g. face forward) and plug them in together

<Zakim> -Linda_King

<ericP> linda: are you in contact with IET? have hundreds of participants in trials

<ericP> vipul: picked a trial from clinicaltrial.gov

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]

<ericP> ... challenges include structures and vocabularies

<ericP> ... in HC world, use many, e.g. RxNorm

  • ** russell [russell@76.119.235.11] has joined #HCLS

<ericP> linda: timeframe

<ericP> vipul: 2 months

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> [proliferation of TLAs and ETLAs]

<ericP> Carl_Tasswell: is there some part of what you presented today that is already hooked into semantic technologies, i.e. ontologies?

<ericP> ... or is it all say, XML, but not semantic yet?

<ericP> linda: Braun Kissler is C-DISC's ontologist

<ericP> ... if you can't share meanings for "adverse event", you get soup

<ericP> ... can invite Braun

<ericP> Susie: would like another update on the terminology/ontology work

<ericP> Carl: AMIA working on ... Barry Smith et al trying to build semantic tech for clinical trials

<Zakim> -JohnMadden

<ericP> linda: AMIA interested in RFD [was it RFD?]

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]

<ericP> vipul: one prob with ontology work is that folks are rolling new onts instead of re-using current onts

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<vipul> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability

<ericP> [Discuss Clinical Decision Support Project postponed 'till next meeting]

<ericP> Carl: difficult to address competing/conflicting demands of working with standards with established software infrstructure and addressing fundamental flaws coming from non-semantic origins

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC]
  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has joined #hcls

<ericP> vipul: avg. worker in the health care delivery system not following the academic work

<ericP> ... need to show how the new work provides added value

<ericP> chimezie: there are legitimate concearns with existing tech

<ericP> ... at the same time, also legitamate critisims with building pure onts with no domain expertise

<ericP> ... ample space for a middle ground to work

<ericP> [ADJOURNED]

<Zakim> -mscottm

<Zakim> -Kei_Cheung

<Zakim> -Bosse

<Zakim> -Vipul_Kashyap

<Zakim> -Carl

<Zakim> -chimezie

<Zakim> - +1.781.662.aabb

  • ** kei left #HCLS []

<Zakim> -Don_Doherty

<Zakim> -??P8

<Zakim> -Mark

  • ** Kristin [836b004d@128.30.52.43] has quit [Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)]
  • ** Huajun [huajunsir@125.120.181.41] has quit [Quit: Huajun]
  • ** Donald_Doherty [Donald_Doh@151.201.29.168] has quit [Quit: Donald_Doherty]
  • ** chimezie [chimezie@64.92.170.181] has quit [Quit: chimezie has no reason]

<Zakim> -DavidClarke

<Zakim> -EricP