HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2010-04-28 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday April 28, 2010
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

Minutes

Attendees: Bosse, Janos, Scott, Elgar, Oktie, Susie

<Susie> Janos: Presents on Linking the RxNorm

<Susie> Susie: Can we post a link to RxNorm on the LODD web site?

<Susie> Janos: Yes

<Susie> Scott: V. Interesting

<Susie> Scott: MeSH is available in SKOS

<Susie> Janos: Also a version in Bio2RDF

<Susie> Janos: Could you send the link over?

<Susie> Janos: Can start with NDC code then can see Mesh code then can see more information about the drug

<Susie> Janos: Want stable URIs for Mesh

<Susie> Janos: Used Allegrograph's graph browser

<Susie> Bosse: Isn't there also a connection to TMO

<Susie> Susie: The demo data for TMO uses RxNorm

<Susie> Janos: RxNorm is well maintained

<Susie> Janos: Simplier to use database when represented as a graph

<Susie> Susie: I still have a follow up to ask Olivier Bodenreider about having a linked version of RxNorm

<Susie> Scott: SharedNames believes in neutral, persistent identifiers

<Susie> Janos: PURL has similar goal

<Susie> Scott: SharedNames is working on federation of PURL servers

<mscottm> http://sharednames.org

<Susie> Susie: Data Updates?

<Susie> Susie: Mapping Experimental Data

<Susie> http://esw.w3.org/HCLSIG/LODD/Mapping_Experimental_Data

<Susie> The wiki page provides the background as to the sort of data set that I'd like to map to RDF

<Susie> It also identifies the questions that I'd like to have answered

<Susie> I think an HCLS note that addresses some of these questions would be very valuable

<Scott> Agree that such a document would be very valuable

<Scott> There's also alignment with the provenance group who are looking to address questions relating to gene expression analysis

<Susie> Let's discuss some more

<Susie> Outreach

<Susie> No update onthe TCM paper or WWW this time, but hopefully during the next meeting

<Susie> Will have a workshop at ACS on LOD