HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2009-11-25 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday November 25, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

  • Open data follow up - all
  • Data update - Anja, Jun, Matthias, Egon
  • Paper/conference opportunities (AAAI Spring Symposium on Linked Data Meets Artificial Intelligence, BMC TCM, ISMB, Semantic Web Challenge) - all
  • AOB

Minutes

Attendees: Joshua, Jun, Kei, Matthias, Susie

Apologies: Bosse, Anja, Egon

  • Let's discuss Open Data follow up when more people are present
  • Let's do a data update another time too
  • Conference Opportunities
  • Matthias is still interested in the TCM special issue
  • Jun is also interested in that
  • The deadline is end of January, so is approaching
  • Matthias also interested in ESWC
  • Deadline for ESWC is mid-December
  • Matthias and Jun aim for submission on chinese medicine related material at ESWC and in the special issue
  • Not a disaster if we miss the ESWC deadline
  • Susie is interested in submission to Bio-Ontologies SIG
  • Susie is biased as co-chair of the SIG
  • Thinks ISMB will be strong next year because it is in Boston
  • And also because of collaboration with HCLS, and ICBO
  • Bio-Ontologies SIG doesn't just focus on ontologies, so would be an appropriate venue
  • Acceptance rate is typically higher at SIG, than conference proper
  • Although the SIG itself is very competitive
  • Another advantage of SIG is 4 page paper submission
  • Propose go for the SIG and submit paper on applying TMO to research
  • CaBIG
  • Joshua interested in seeing how TMO could apply to caBIG use cases
  • Susie will share JBI paper with Joshua once completed
  • Ask Colin to review caBIG use cases to see if good fit for the ontology
  • CaBIG collaboration sounds good
  • Work could be done in TMO, or BioRDF, or in a new group
  • Looks like COI winding down as tasks are expected to do
  • Good time as caBIG investing in data sharing next year
  • Joshua would like to learn best practices from HCLS