HCLSIG/LODD/Meetings/2009-05-13 Conference Call

From W3C Wiki
< HCLSIG‎ | LODD‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Conference Details

  • Date of Call: Wednesday May 13, 2009
  • Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
  • Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
  • Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
  • Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
  • Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
  • IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
  • Duration: ~1h
  • Convener: Susie

Agenda

  • Review of competitive intelligence questions - Bosse & Susie
  • Natural alternative questions and interlinking - Jun, Kei, Matthias
  • Licensing of LODD data sets - Susie
  • Winning the iTriplification Challenge - Oktie
  • AOB

Minutes

  • Attendees: Oktie, Bosse, Jun, Anja, EricP
  • <ericP> anja: did bosse have time to answer the pharma ontology group questions
  • <ericP> ... matthias as loaded them into a SPARQL endpoint
  • <ericP> ... we're now translating the questions into SPARQL
  • <ericP> bosse: didn't find the appropriate data for the question that i got from the last call
  • <ericP> ... will return to this question. some of the answers should be in dbpedia
  • <ericP> ... will work on questions that come this week from pharma ont
  • <ericP> anja: we're trying to link junzhao and kei's datasets
  • <ericP> junzhao: i think my question can be rephrased "are their alternatives that interact with a particular set of genes"
  • <ericP> ... as it stands, we don't have sufficient context
  • <ericP> ... would be interesting to see chemical compounds shared with western drugs and natural alternatives
  • <ericP> ... that question is more complex (fuzzy) than the others
  • <ericP> anja: queries taking 18hrs/failing
  • <ericP> ... trying locally
  • <ericP> topic: oktie's report
  • <AnjaJentzsch> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Questions
  • <ericP> OktieH: these questions aren't in my area of expertise
  • <ericP> anja: perhaps you find something related to Linked Clinical Trials
  • <ericP> OktieH: concearned about the use cases
  • <junzhao> do you mean this page? http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Business
  • <ericP> ... most of them are not use cases for linked data, they are use cases for a web of documents
  • <ericP> ... the URLs are to HTML pages
  • <OktieH> Cloud: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/LODD/Business
  • <ericP> anja: the uses cases in the paper were about finding at alternate drug names and consituant compounds from web pages
  • <ericP> bosse: could you [OktieH] write down in the wiki how you'd like the use cases modified?
  • <ericP> OktieH: for most of these, we already have linked data for many of these sources
  • <ericP> ACTION: OktieH to ground use case (question) pages with links to existing linked data
  • <ericP> topic: triplification challenge
  • <OktieH> http://triplify.org/Challenge/2009
  • <OktieH> The deadline is changed to June 30th
  • <ericP> anja: we need a use cases that leans on triples instead of HTML pages
  • <ericP> OktieH: yes, that could distinquish us from the other submissions
  • <ericP> anja: how important is the schema to the triplification challenge?
  • <ericP> OktieH: the thing that helped us get the prize was the metadata
  • <ericP> ... but this is not new this year
  • <ericP> ... we should work on factoring our data to finding common schemas
  • <ericP> anja: should we use the same schema, or annotate equivalent classes/properties
  • <ericP> OktieH: i think it's nice if we use shared ontologies where possible
  • <ericP> junzhao: i caution against working too hard on sharing schemas
  • <ericP> ... prefer to focus on use cases and SPARQL queries
  • <ericP> anja: OktieH, please record questions that cross your mind while addressing the use case
  • <ericP> OktieH: perhaps folks more familiar with the domain can help with the use cases
  • <ericP> ... perhaps we should focus on fixing links
  • <ericP> ... there are some folks working on user ingerfaces which benefit folks more familiar with the domain than linked data concepts
  • <ericP> anja: is anyone trying to test their UI with our data?
  • <OktieH> http://www.tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/explorator/demo.
  • <ericP> OktieH: Daniel @@1 is working on ExploratorHP
  • <ericP> ... he's already uploaded our data sets
  • <OktieH> http://www.tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/explorator/demo
  • <ericP> ... he's willing to participate in LODD phone calls if we need his help
  • <ericP> bosse: if OktieH takes the lead for the use case format, i will supply the pharma perspective
  • <ericP> anja: we need use cases for patients, physicians and pharmas
  • <OktieH> Daniel Schwabe http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe is working on this project and is willing to help us for the user interface issues
  • <ericP> ... junzhao, can you work on a patient use case?
  • <ericP> ... i don't know where to solicit a physician use case
  • <ericP> ... but i think we'll be ok with two use cases which can be answered by clicking through linked data
  • <ericP> junzhao: we could use researcher use cases
  • <ericP> bosse: susie and i are supposed vet our questions with researchers within our organizations
  • <ericP> ericP: how about university researchers (earlier in the process)?
  • <ericP> bosse: i don't think their questions are so different from pharma researchers, but yes, would be godd
  • <ericP> anja: can you get a patient use case by next week?
  • <ericP> junzhao: i think our patient search for alternative use cases could apply
  • <ericP> ... (i go on holiday next week)
  • <ericP> ACTION: junzhao to write down the use case: patient search for alternative medicines
  • <ericP> anja: how was the Madrid LOD workshop?
  • <ericP> OktieH: main feedback was use cases
  • <ericP> ... timbl said it's not enough to show jumping from URL to URL
  • <ericP> ... .. should be a more complex mashup
  • <ericP> ... also got UI feedback also from Daniel
  • <ericP> topic: Madrid LOD workshop?
  • <ericP> anja: could you ask daniel for his use case?
  • <ericP> ACTION: OktieH to solicit use case from Daniel Schwabe
  • <junzhao> http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper2.pdf
  • <junzhao> his paper has some information about the use case
  • <ericP> anja: did we get reviews from the triplification challenge?
  • <ericP> OktieH: it's not like a conference paper
  • <ericP> ... needs to be only a couple pages; focusing on the details of the project
  • <ericP> anja: is it possible to get a review in two weeks from AZ?
  • <ericP> bosse: in two weeks, sure (on holiday next week)
  • <ericP> topic: next meeting
  • <ericP> anja: next meeting in two weeks, actions due in a week
  • <ericP> ... OktieH, you opposed immature use cases in the wiki page?
  • <ericP> OktieH: doesn't look good for the project
  • <ericP> ... could use a temporary discussion page before placing in the use case page
  • <ericP> ericP: i propose continuing to record the use cases in the wiki page, but annotating each with it's maturity level