ISSUE-98: Two Canvas API Split Proposals
Two Canvas API Split Proposals
- HTML 5 spec
- Raised by:
- Shelley Powers
- Opened on:
- Though not formally tracked in the Issue Tracker, or part of the formal change proposal process, there now exists two separate Canvas API split proposals.
The first was created in October, by Erik Graf and Doug Schepers. The second was created by Ian Hickson.
Neither proposal is, in my opinion, complete. Both should be submitted to the Formal Change Process, discussion given as to how both could be merged, or if only one progresses, how it could be improved.
If one or the other of the proposal submitters decide to abandon their effort, we should still allow for the possibility of other submittals, within a reasonable timeframe. If no other proposal is submitted, then this issue can be closed, as resolved. In the meantime, we will be able to track the issue.
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- Re: RETRACTION: ISSUE-98 canvas2d - Call for Change Proposals (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-01-27)
- RETRACTION: ISSUE-98 canvas2d - Call for Change Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-26)
- ISSUE-98 canvas2d - Call for Change Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-26)
- [Bug 8331] Move the Canvas 2D context API into a separate spec (from email@example.com on 2010-01-11)
- ISSUE-98 (canvas2d): Two Canvas API Split Proposals [HTML 5 spec] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-01-11)
This is not an appropriate use of the tracker per the Decision Policy. There is no objection presented to the way a bug was resolved. Issues with proposed new drafts should be filed against those drafts, not as an escalation of the existing bug. Closing.Maciej Stachowiak, 11 Jan 2010, 16:31:00
Display change log