ISSUE-4: HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs

html-versioning

HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Sam Ruby
Opened on:
2007-11-06
Description:
Should the new HTML language bear a version mechanism?

HTML5 Specification - Section 8.1.1. "The DOCTYPE"
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-writing0.html#the-doctype

## Research

* Karl Dubost's "HTML and version mechanisms" - http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/05/html_and_version_mechanisms.html
* Test case "<!DOCTYPE" - http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/test-quirks.php?doctype=%3C%21DOCTYPE
* Mozilla reference on their DOCTYPE implementation - http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mozilla's_DOCTYPE_sniffing

## Proposals

* IE 8 Versioning Scheme
* "IE8 versioning snowstorm" - http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/01/ie8_versioning_snowstorm.html

## Links

### Emails

* L. David Baron "Version information" - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0279.html
* Chris Wilson (wearing his Microsoft hat) - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0612.html
* Henri Sivonen Re: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0617.html
* Maciej Stachowiak "If we have versioning, it should be in an attribute, not the doctype" - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1053.html (This should be summarized into a proposal it looks like)
* Dave Hyatt's summary of versioning issues: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1408.html
* Ian Hickson via IRC considers this issue resolved from the Editor's POV - http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20071106#l-365
* Ian's email "Versioning re-visited" - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0555.html

### Discussions

* W3C TPAC Meeting, Cambridge Nov. 9th 2007, Versioning break-out group - http://www.w3.org/2007/11/09-html-wg-irc#T18-37-49

### Other resources

* Lachlan Hunt summarize parts of the versioning discussion - http://lachy.id.au/log/2007/05/htmlwg
* Roger Johansson grazes the issue with a more general blog post on HTML 5 but then there's some valid discussion in the comments - http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200705/browsers_will_treat_all_versions_of_html_as_html_5/
* Anne van Kesteren "DOCTYPE of HTML5" - http://annevankesteren.nl/2005/07/html5-doctype
* Sean Fraser "What Makes the Application of HTML 5 Different?" - http://blog.whatwg.org/what-makes-the-application-of-html-5-different

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [the-doctype]
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-16)
  2. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-16)
  3. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-15)
  4. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) and ISSUE-84 (legacy-doctypes) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-12-14)
  5. HTML Working Group Status (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-27)
  6. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-19)
  7. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-17)
  8. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-14)
  9. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-08-13)
  10. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-08-13)
  11. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from robin@berjon.com on 2010-08-13)
  12. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-08-12)
  13. Re: ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from robin@berjon.com on 2010-08-12)
  14. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-12: action 29; issues 116, 30, 109, 27; bugs 9894, 10066 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-11)
  15. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-05)
  16. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-04)
  17. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-29)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-27)
  19. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  20. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from eliotgra@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  21. ISSUE-4: html-versioning / ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Straw Poll for Objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-22)
  22. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  23. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  24. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-15)
  25. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15: note new dial-in numbers for Paris and London (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-14)
  26. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08)
  27. FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  28. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  29. RE: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  30. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from sroussey@gmail.com on 2010-05-23)
  31. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from cewcathar@hotmail.com on 2010-05-21)
  32. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-21)
  33. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-21)
  34. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-05-20)
  35. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from cewcathar@hotmail.com on 2010-05-19)
  36. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-19)
  37. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-05-19)
  38. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-19)
  39. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-19)
  40. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from cewcathar@hotmail.com on 2010-05-18)
  41. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from kornel@geekhood.net on 2010-05-18)
  42. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com on 2010-05-18)
  43. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com on 2010-05-18)
  44. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-18)
  45. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-18)
  46. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-18)
  47. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-18)
  48. Re: use cases for polyglot/biglot documents (was Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs) (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-17)
  49. Re: use cases for polyglot/biglot documents (was Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-17)
  50. use cases for polyglot/biglot documents (was Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs) (from tantek@cs.stanford.edu on 2010-05-17)
  51. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-05-17)
  52. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-17)
  53. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-17)
  54. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-17)
  55. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-17)
  56. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-17)
  57. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-05-17)
  58. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-05-17)
  59. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-17)
  60. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from Smylers@stripey.com on 2010-05-17)
  61. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-05-17)
  62. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-16)
  63. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com on 2010-05-16)
  64. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-14)
  65. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-14)
  66. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-14)
  67. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-14)
  68. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-14)
  69. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-14)
  70. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-14)
  71. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-13)
  72. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-13)
  73. RE: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-05-13)
  74. Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2010-05-13)
  75. ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-05-13)
  76. [minutes] 2010-04-01 HTML Teleconference (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-01)
  77. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-30)
  78. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  79. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  80. [minutes] 20100325 HTML teleconference (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30)
  81. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  82. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  83. Re: ISSUE-4: Basis of the appeal to 'XML editing workflows' (from robin@berjon.com on 2010-03-15)
  84. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  85. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  86. Re: ISSUE-4: Basis of the appeal to 'XML editing workflows' (from tantek@cs.stanford.edu on 2010-03-10)
  87. ISSUE-4: Basis of the appeal to 'XML editing workflows' (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-10)
  88. [minutes] HTML WG 2010004 (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-04)
  89. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  90. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  91. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-02)
  92. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from joedwil@earthlink.net on 2010-03-01)
  93. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-01)
  94. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2010-03-01)
  95. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-01)
  96. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from annevk@opera.com on 2010-03-01)
  97. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-01)
  98. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2010-03-01)
  99. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-01)
  100. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-03-01)
  101. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-03-01)
  102. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from 1981km@gmail.com on 2010-03-01)
  103. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-03-01)
  104. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2010-03-01)
  105. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2010-02-28)
  106. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-28)
  107. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  108. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  109. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-28)
  110. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-28)
  111. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  112. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-28)
  113. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-28)
  114. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  115. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-28)
  116. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-02-28)
  117. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-28)
  118. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-27)
  119. action items completed (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  120. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  121. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-27)
  122. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-27)
  123. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-27)
  124. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  125. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-27)
  126. ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  127. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-27)
  128. RE: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  129. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-27)
  130. RE: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-26)
  131. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-26)
  132. RE: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-02-26)
  133. Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-25: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-24)
  134. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  135. ISSUE-4: html-versioning & ISSUE-84: legacy-doctypes - Chairs solicit Alternate Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-23)
  136. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-02-22)
  137. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-21)
  138. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-02-21)
  139. Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-21)
  140. Re: Issue 85 and (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-02-18)
  141. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-18)
  142. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from geoff_freed@wgbh.org on 2010-02-17)
  143. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-17)
  144. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  145. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from kornel@geekhood.net on 2010-02-17)
  146. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  147. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  148. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  149. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from kornel@geekhood.net on 2010-02-17)
  150. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-02-17)
  151. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2010-02-17)
  152. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  153. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  154. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from kornel@geekhood.net on 2010-02-17)
  155. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-02-17)
  156. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-02-17)
  157. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  158. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-02-17)
  159. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  160. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-17)
  161. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2010-02-17)
  162. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-17)
  163. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-16)
  164. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-16)
  165. Minutes HTML WG 11 February 2010 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-11)
  166. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from dboudreau@webconforme.com on 2010-02-10)
  167. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-10)
  168. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  169. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-11: actions, issues, publication, decision policy, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  170. ACTION-172: Insure Change Proposal for ISSUE-4 (versioning) also covers ISSUE-84 (legacy doctype) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-10)
  171. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-28: (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-27)
  172. Re: would like more time on ACTION-172 (ISSUE-4 and ISSUE-84) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-27)
  173. would like more time on ACTION-172 (ISSUE-4 and ISSUE-84) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-27)
  174. [VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-21)
  175. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from singer@apple.com on 2010-01-21)
  176. Re: Legacy Doctype and Doctype Versioning (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-20)
  177. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  178. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  179. Re: Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-01-20)
  180. Understanding the 'applicable specifications' clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41)) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2010-01-20)
  181. Legacy Doctype and Doctype Versioning (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-19)
  182. ISSUE-84 / ISSUE-4 Change Proposal (was Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-14)
  183. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-13)
  184. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  185. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  186. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from ishida@w3.org on 2010-01-11)
  187. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-01-08)
  188. RE: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-07)
  189. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-06)
  190. Re: 'vastly increases reverse-engineering costs' and version proposal (from dbaron@dbaron.org on 2010-01-04)
  191. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-03)
  192. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-03)
  193. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-03)
  194. Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-01-03)
  195. Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-01-02)
  196. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  197. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  198. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-11)
  199. RE: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-11)
  200. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  201. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  202. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  203. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  204. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-12-04)
  205. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from jirka@kosek.cz on 2009-12-04)
  206. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-04)
  207. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from jirka@kosek.cz on 2009-12-04)
  208. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-12-04)
  209. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from dbaron@dbaron.org on 2009-12-03)
  210. Minutes HTML WG 3 December 2009 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  211. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  212. RE: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-02)
  213. RE: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-01)
  214. RE: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-01)
  215. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-12-01)
  216. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-01)
  217. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-12-01)
  218. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2009-12-01)
  219. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-12-01)
  220. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from tai@g5n.co.uk on 2009-12-01)
  221. Re: DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from jirka@kosek.cz on 2009-12-01)
  222. DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-12-01)
  223. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  224. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  225. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  226. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  227. minutes Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29)
  228. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29)
  229. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28)
  230. Chairs Solicit Proposals or recommend closing for issues: 4, 7, 14, 30, 63 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  231. ISSUE-4: html-versioning - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  232. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-08-27)
  233. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 *PLEASE-READ* (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-26)
  234. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-24)
  235. RE: Issue-4/Action-108 html-versioning - suggest closing (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-08-23)
  236. Issue-4/Action-108 html-versioning - suggest closing (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-22)
  237. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  238. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-19)
  239. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-08-19)
  240. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-08-19)
  241. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-13)
  242. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  243. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  244. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  245. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  246. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  247. Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  248. controversial issue candidates in issues 1-15 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10)
  249. FW: versioning, robustness principle, doctypes etc (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-08-05)
  250. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  251. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-15)
  252. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-06-01)
  253. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-27)
  254. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-04-23 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24)
  255. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-04-23 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-04-24)
  256. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-21)
  257. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-15)
  258. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-06)
  259. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-31)
  260. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-24)
  261. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-16)
  262. Input on the agenda (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-03-09)
  263. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from lholst@students.cs.uu.nl on 2009-02-24)
  264. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-20)
  265. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-20)
  266. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-20)
  267. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-19)
  268. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-02-19 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-19)
  269. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-19)
  270. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-19)
  271. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-19)
  272. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-19)
  273. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rsayre@mozilla.com on 2009-02-19)
  274. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-19)
  275. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-19)
  276. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-19)
  277. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  278. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-18)
  279. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-18)
  280. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-18)
  281. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org on 2009-02-18)
  282. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-18)
  283. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-18)
  284. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-18)
  285. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-18)
  286. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  287. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-18)
  288. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-18)
  289. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  290. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from Smylers@stripey.com on 2009-02-18)
  291. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  292. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  293. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  294. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  295. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  296. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types ISSUE-60 (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  297. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  298. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from Smylers@stripey.com on 2009-02-18)
  299. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  300. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  301. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from bzbarsky@MIT.EDU on 2009-02-18)
  302. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-18)
  303. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from robin@berjon.com on 2009-02-18)
  304. Re: table/@summary, Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from lhs@malform.no on 2009-02-18)
  305. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from dean@dean.org.nz on 2009-02-18)
  306. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-17)
  307. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  308. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-17)
  309. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rsayre@mozilla.com on 2009-02-17)
  310. Re: table/@summary, Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  311. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  312. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-17)
  313. table/@summary, Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-17)
  314. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rsayre@mozilla.com on 2009-02-17)
  315. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  316. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-17)
  317. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-17)
  318. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-02-17)
  319. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-17)
  320. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-17)
  321. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-17)
  322. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-17)
  323. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-17)
  324. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-02-17)
  325. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  326. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-17)
  327. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-02-17)
  328. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-02-17)
  329. Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (was Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong') (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-16)
  330. RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (was Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong') (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  331. ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types (was Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong') (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-16)
  332. RE: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  333. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-16)
  334. RE: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  335. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-16)
  336. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-02-16)
  337. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-16)
  338. RE: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  339. RE: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  340. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-02-16)
  341. RE: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-16)
  342. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from rob@robburns.com on 2009-02-11)
  343. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-02-11)
  344. Re: What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from dbaron@dbaron.org on 2009-02-11)
  345. What's the problem? 'Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong' (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-02-11)
  346. Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat (leaking into ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-20)
  347. Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat (leaking into ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-20)
  348. Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat (leaking into ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)) (from P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk on 2009-01-20)
  349. Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat (leaking into ISSUE-4 (html-versioning)) (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-20)
  350. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 08 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)
  351. {minutes} 2008-10-23 f2f meeting (day one) (from mike@w3.org on 2008-11-07)
  352. Re: Is 'breaking the Web' with HTML 5 a non issue? (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-09-22)
  353. Re: Versioning and html[5] (ISSUE-4) (from connolly@w3.org on 2008-01-23)
  354. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from karl@w3.org on 2007-11-06)
  355. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com on 2007-11-06)
  356. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-11-06)
  357. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from karl@w3.org on 2007-11-06)
  358. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com on 2007-11-06)
  359. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from connolly@w3.org on 2007-11-06)
  360. ISSUE-4 (html-versioning): HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs [HTML Principles/Requirements] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-06)

Related notes:

Versioning, Compatibility and Standards
Posted by Maciej Stachowiak on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 at 11:51 pm
http://webkit.org/blog/155/versioning-compatibility-and-standards/

Dan Connolly, 24 Jan 2008, 23:57:33

"Almost Precedent", Henri Sivonen, written on 2008/1/25:
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/almost-precedent/

Shawn Medero, 25 Jan 2008, 17:28:04

Related: ISSUE-54

Shawn Medero, 8 Jan 2009, 17:49:55

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS the-doctype

James Graham, 19 Aug 2009, 09:57:15

Changing state to OPEN since this has a Change Proposal.

Maciej Stachowiak, 4 Jan 2010, 05:59:53

Resolved by Working Group Decision:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0135.html

Maciej Stachowiak, 15 Dec 2010, 04:24:33

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $