ISSUE-201: Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content

canvas-fallback

Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content

State:
CLOSED
Product:
canvas 2d context
Raised by:
Sam Ruby
Opened on:
2012-01-16
Description:
This issue was raised on behalf of Rich Schwerdtfeger and bugs https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176 and https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181 :

Provide a facility to assign location information for rendered
child of fallback content and provide a way to do hit testing within the
location of the rendered child such that pointer events may be dispatched to
the rendered child. The dimensions defining the location may be provided to an
assistive technology, such as a magnifier, to determine the objects location on
the screen.
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11- Actions, Plan 2014 adoption, Task Force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-10-19)
  2. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11- Actions, Plan 2014 adoption, Task Force reports (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-10-18)
  3. {minutes}} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-06 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-09-06)
  4. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-06 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-05)
  5. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-31)
  6. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-29 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-29)
  7. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-08-27)
  8. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-25)
  9. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-08-25)
  10. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-25)
  11. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-25)
  12. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-23, issues, task force reports, discussion items (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-08-23)
  13. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-22)
  14. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-22)
  15. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-22)
  16. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-22)
  17. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-23, issues, task force reports, discussion items (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-22)
  18. CfC: Close ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback by Amicable Resolution (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-22)
  19. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-22)
  20. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-08-21)
  21. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-08-21)
  22. Re: hit regions (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-08-20)
  23. RE: hit regions (from cabanier@adobe.com on 2012-08-19)
  24. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-17)
  25. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-17)
  26. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-17)
  27. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-14, some issues, lots of discussion topics (from Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com on 2012-08-15)
  28. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-14, some issues, lots of discussion topics (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-14)
  29. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-12)
  30. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-10)
  31. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-09)
  32. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-08)
  33. RE: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-08-08)
  34. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-09 - action items, issues, decisions and task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-08-08)
  35. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-02)
  36. RE: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-08-02)
  37. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-02 - action items, issues and decisions (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-08-02)
  38. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-08-02)
  39. RE: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-08-02)
  40. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-02 - action items, issues and decisions (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-01)
  41. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-30)
  42. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from plh@w3.org on 2012-07-28)
  43. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-28)
  44. [minutes] 20120726 HTML WG (from plh@w3.org on 2012-07-27)
  45. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from plh@w3.org on 2012-07-27)
  46. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-07-26)
  47. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-26)
  48. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-26 - issues, decisions and task force reports (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-07-26)
  49. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-07-26)
  50. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-26)
  51. Fwd: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-26)
  52. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-26 - issues, decisions and task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-25)
  53. Re: Updates to Issue-201 Change Proposal per our conversation (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-25)
  54. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-19)
  55. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-18)
  56. RE: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-17)
  57. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-13)
  58. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-07-13)
  59. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  60. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  61. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  62. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-07-12)
  63. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-07-12)
  64. Re: Fw: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-07-12)
  65. Fw: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-07-12)
  66. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-28 - actions, issues, rechartering, editor (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-07-12)
  67. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-12)
  68. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-11)
  69. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-11)
  70. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-11)
  71. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-11)
  72. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-10)
  73. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-09)
  74. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-07-09)
  75. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-09)
  76. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-07-06)
  77. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-06)
  78. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-05)
  79. RE: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-07-05)
  80. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-07-05)
  81. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-05)
  82. RE: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-05)
  83. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-06-30)
  84. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-06-29)
  85. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-28 - actions, issues, rechartering, editor (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-06-27)
  86. Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-06-22)
  87. [minutes] 20120621 HTML Working Group (from plh@w3.org on 2012-06-22)
  88. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-22)
  89. 答复: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-21)
  90. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-21 - actions, issues, surveys, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-20)
  91. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-14)
  92. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-06-13)
  93. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-13 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-06-13)
  94. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-07 - actions, issues, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-06-07)
  95. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-07 - actions, issues, task force reports (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-06-07)
  96. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-07 - actions, issues, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-06-06)
  97. ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-06-06)
  98. Re: Action 217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-06-05)
  99. Re: Action 217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-06-05)
  100. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2012-05-18)
  101. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-10 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-05-17)
  102. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-05-16)
  103. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-17: action items, issues, and other business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-05-16)
  104. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-05-10 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-05-09)
  105. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-04-19)
  106. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com on 2012-04-18)
  107. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-18)
  108. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-04-13)
  109. RE: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-04-12)
  110. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-04-12)
  111. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-12: issues, survey, decisions, Media TF, and F2F (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-12)
  112. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-04-12)
  113. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-04-12)
  114. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-04-11)
  115. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-12: issues, survey, decisions, Media TF, and F2F (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-04-10)
  116. Re: ISSUE-158: object-content-model - Straw Poll for Objections (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-04-10)
  117. Re: ISSUE-158: object-content-model - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-09)
  118. Re: ISSUE-158: object-content-model - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-09)
  119. Re: ISSUE-158: object-content-model - Straw Poll for Objections (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-04-09)
  120. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-05: issues, survey, decisions, TF reports, F2F, Media TF, ... (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2012-04-05)
  121. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-05: issues, survey, decisions, TF reports, F2F, Media TF, ... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-04-04)
  122. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-30)
  123. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-29: issue progress, heartbeat publications and revert request, change proposal reviews, upcoming straw poll (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-03-29)
  124. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-29: issue progress, heartbeat publications and revert request, change proposal reviews, upcoming straw poll (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-28)
  125. [html-chairs] draft agenda and discussion items (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-26)
  126. RE: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-03-22)
  127. Re: Revert request r7023 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-22)
  128. Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-22)
  129. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-22)
  130. Re: ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  131. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, revert request, F2F registration, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-21)
  132. Re: Revert request r7023 (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  133. Re: Revert request r7023 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-20)
  134. Re: Revert request r7023 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-19)
  135. Re: Revert request r7023 (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2012-03-17)
  136. Re: Revert request r7023 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-16)
  137. Re: Revert request r7023 (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2012-03-16)
  138. Re: Revert request r7023 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-16)
  139. Re: FW: Revert request r7023 (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-16)
  140. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-08: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, other topics (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2012-03-15)
  141. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-08: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, other topics (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-03-14)
  142. [Minutes] (HTML WG telecon 2012-02-23: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, task force reports) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-02-23)
  143. [Minutes] (HTML WG telecon 2012-02-23: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, task force reports) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-02-23)
  144. FW: counter proposal for issue 185 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-22)
  145. Re: HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from ian@iandevlin.com on 2012-02-22)
  146. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-21)
  147. ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-21)
  148. [minutes] HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-16)
  149. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-15)
  150. Re: ISSUE-201: Change proposal (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-02-10)
  151. Re: ISSUE-201: Change proposal (from ian@hixie.ch on 2012-02-10)
  152. ISSUE-201: Change proposal (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-02-10)
  153. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports, revert request, new information deadline, F2F (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2012-02-09)
  154. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports, revert request, new information deadline, F2F (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-07)
  155. Re: Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-01-23)
  156. HTML WG Minutes (Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-01-19)
  157. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-01-18)
  158. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-01-18)
  159. Change in status on 4 bugs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-01-17)
  160. ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-01-17)
  161. HTML-ISSUE-201 (canvas-fallback): Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content [canvas 2d context] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2012-01-16)

Related notes:

[glenn]: canvas-fallback call for Change Proposals closed Feb 16

23 Feb 2012, 17:04:40

[glenn]: canvas-fallback, Call for Alternate or Counter Proposals closes Mar 21

23 Feb 2012, 17:08:01

[glenn]: canvas-fallback, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 21

22 Mar 2012, 16:07:20

[krisk]: canvas-fallback, Call for Counter Proposals extension closes Apr 11

5 Apr 2012, 16:10:07

[glenn]: canvas-fallback: delaying action until after the F2F

19 Apr 2012, 16:13:11

This was decided by Amicable Resolution. Decision was applied.

Jay Munro, 22 Oct 2012, 21:19:35

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $