ISSUE-105: allow image maps on the canvas element

canvas-usemap

allow image maps on the canvas element

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Steve Faulkner
Opened on:
2010-03-31
Description:
It appears that the allowing of image maps on the canvas element has support and interest from a number of browser vendors (opera, firefox and internet explorer). It also appears to have support from some members of the html WG as a partial solution to the issues surrounding canvas accessibility. Yet it has been rejected by the HTML5 editor.
refer to http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9061

Change Proposal:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/addimagemaptocanvas
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. Re: hit regions (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-08-20)
  2. RE: hit regions (from cabanier@adobe.com on 2012-08-19)
  3. RE: hit regions (from cabanier@adobe.com on 2012-08-19)
  4. Re: hit regions (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-08-19)
  5. RE: hit regions (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2012-08-19)
  6. RE: hit regions (from cabanier@adobe.com on 2012-08-19)
  7. Re: hit regions (from w3b@chaals.com on 2012-08-19)
  8. Re: hit testing and retained graphics (from pbakaus@zynga.com on 2011-06-22)
  9. Re: hit testing and retained graphics (from chaals@opera.com on 2011-06-22)
  10. {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-16)
  11. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-16)
  12. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-16: status of actions, calls, new decisions, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-12-15)
  13. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-12-14)
  14. {minutes} HTML WG F2F minutes, Lyon, France, Nov 4-5 Part 1 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-11-09)
  15. {minutes} } HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-21)
  16. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-21: status of actions, calls, issues, heartbeat drafts, and TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-10-20)
  17. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-10-14)
  18. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-10-14 actions, status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-10-13)
  19. Re: ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-use (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-10-07)
  20. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, heartbeat drafts (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-10-06)
  21. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-30 status of calls, issues and bugs, Task Force Reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-09-28)
  22. RE: {minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-09-23)
  23. {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-09-23 status of calls, issues and bugs, TPAC F2F (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-09-22)
  24. ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-09-21)
  25. Counter Proposal, ISSUE-74 (and ISSUE-105) (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-07-30)
  26. Re: Change proposal for ISSUE-74 and ISSUE-105 (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2010-07-29)
  27. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-29)
  28. Re: Change proposal for ISSUE-74 and ISSUE-105 (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2010-07-29)
  29. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-27)
  30. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  31. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from eliotgra@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  32. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  33. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  34. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08)
  35. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-08)
  36. FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  37. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  38. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from cdouble@mozilla.com on 2010-06-26)
  39. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-25)
  40. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-25)
  41. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-25)
  42. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-25)
  43. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from cdouble@mozilla.com on 2010-06-25)
  44. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-25)
  45. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-24)
  46. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-06-24)
  47. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-24)
  48. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-24)
  49. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-24)
  50. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2010-06-24)
  51. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2010-06-24)
  52. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-23)
  53. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-23)
  54. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-23)
  55. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-23)
  56. Fwd: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  57. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  58. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-23)
  59. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-23)
  60. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-06-23)
  61. RE: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-06-21)
  62. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-17: actions, issues, publication status (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-16)
  63. ISSUE-105 (was Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-06-16)
  64. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-06-16)
  65. Re: Change Proposals, objections, and the Decision Policy (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-06-15)
  66. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-06-15)
  67. CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-15)
  68. RE: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-74 Canvas-Accessibility (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-06-15)
  69. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-06-10)
  70. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-06-10)
  71. FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-10)
  72. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-10)
  73. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-03 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-02)
  74. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-27)
  75. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  76. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2010-05-27)
  77. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-27 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-26)
  78. Clarification on Calls for Counter-Proposals for ISSUE-85, ISSUE-101, ISSUE-105 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-19)
  79. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-05-13: Action items, surveys, Task Force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-05-12)
  80. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-05-06: Action items, issues, decision policy, calls, surveys, publishing - minutes (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-05-06)
  81. Re: ISSUE-105: (canvas-usemap): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-05-05)
  82. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-05-06: Action items, issues, decision policy, calls, surveys, publishing (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-05)
  83. ISSUE-105: (canvas-usemap): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-05-05)
  84. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports - minutes of the meeting (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29)
  85. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-15: Action items, issues, decision policy, task forces, TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14)
  86. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 8 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08)
  87. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-08: calls for proposals, issue status (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07)
  88. Re: ISSUE-105 (canvas-usemap): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07)
  89. Re: ISSUE-105 (canvas-usemap): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-04-06)
  90. ISSUE-105 (canvas-usemap): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06)
  91. [minutes] 2010-04-01 HTML Teleconference (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-01)
  92. [Bug 9061] allow image maps on the canvas element. (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-03-31)
  93. ISSUE-105: allow image maps on the canvas element [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2010-03-31)

Related notes:

Moving to OPEN since this has a Change Proposal.

Maciej Stachowiak, 20 Apr 2010, 11:01:50

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0136.html

Maciej Stachowiak, 15 Dec 2010, 04:40:24

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $