ISSUE-10: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?

video-smil

how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Shawn Medero
Opened on:
2007-11-08
Description:
## Research

Bert from #html-wg IRC - http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20071108#l-1502 did a quick analysis of SMIL and <video> attribute names:

HTML and SMIL comparison: video=video, audio=audio, iframe=text, ??=textstream, ??=animation, img=img, embed=??

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [video]
Related Actions Items:
Related emails:
  1. Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-101 us-ascii-ref Change Proposal to replace ASCII reference (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2010-06-24)
  2. ACTION-166: Recheck status of issues 10 and 73 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-07)
  3. Re: ISSUE-10: video-smil - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-03)
  4. ISSUE-10: video-smil - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-19)
  5. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  6. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  7. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  8. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  9. {minutes} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-08-27)
  10. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-27 *PLEASE-READ* (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-26)
  11. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-24)
  12. Re: Spec with issue markers [was: Re: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-24)
  13. Re: ISSUE-9: video-synchronization - suggest closing on 2009-08-27 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-24)
  14. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  15. Issues closed (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  16. Re: HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing] (from mike@w3.org on 2009-08-19)
  17. Re: HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-18)
  18. Re: HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-18)
  19. Re: HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing] (from Dick.Bulterman@cwi.nl on 2009-08-17)
  20. HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing] (from jimjjewett@gmail.com on 2009-08-15)
  21. Old issues - will be closed on 2009-08-20 if there are no objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13)
  22. ISSUE-10: video-smil (should we make <video> attributes more similar to SMIL?) - suggest closing on 2009-08-20 (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13)
  23. Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be? (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-13)
  24. Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be? (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-13)
  25. Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be? (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-13)
  26. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  27. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from singer@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  28. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-08-13 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  29. Regarding closing issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-11)
  30. Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-11)
  31. Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing (from olivier.gendrin@gmail.com on 2009-08-11)
  32. ISSUE-10: suggest closing (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-10)
  33. {minutes} HTML WG issue-tracking telcon 2008-06-19 (from mike@w3.org on 2008-06-25)
  34. ISSUE-10 (video-smil): how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be? [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2007-11-08)

Related notes:

see also ISSUE-6 videoaudio about whether to do video in HTML 5 at all

Dan Connolly, 10 Apr 2008, 22:27:45

Mike accepts an action item: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0958.html

Sam Ruby, 18 Aug 2009, 15:25:52

[DanC]: note discussion 20 Aug of <object param> interaction

20 Aug 2009, 16:40:02

Deadline has passed - issue is closed without prejudice.

Maciej Stachowiak, 4 Jan 2010, 04:00:02

This issue was closed without prejudice because no Change Proposal was produced by the deadline.

Maciej Stachowiak, 5 Jan 2010, 22:29:30

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $