ACTION-96: to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec

to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec

State:
closed
Person:
Henri Sivonen
Due on:
September 9, 2009
Created on:
January 15, 2009
Associated Issue:
origin-req-scope
Related emails:
  1. Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  2. FW: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-09-09)
  3. minutes HTML weekly 9 July for review (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-07-09)
  4. minutes: HTML WG telecon 2009-05-07 [draft] (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-05-07)
  5. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-07 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06)
  6. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-07 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-05-06)
  7. [Minutes] HTML Weekly Teleconference 05 February 2009 (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2009-02-05)
  8. RE: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-22)
  9. RE: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from masinter@adobe.com on 2009-01-22)
  10. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2009-01-21)
  11. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-01-20)
  12. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-20)
  13. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-01-20)
  14. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-19)
  15. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  16. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-01-19)
  17. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-01-19)
  18. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-01-19)
  19. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from jgraham@opera.com on 2009-01-19)
  20. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-19)
  21. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from simonp@opera.com on 2009-01-19)
  22. Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal (from rubys@us.ibm.com on 2009-01-19)
  23. ACTION-96: Origin removal (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-01-19)
  24. minutes: HTML Weekly Teleconference 15 Jan 2009 (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-01-16)

Related notes:

[MikeSmith]: see http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20081211#l-45 : Hixie: "splitting off the protocol part of websocket, the content-sniffing section, the uri section, and a brief definition of the Origin header, and submitting them as four tentative IDs"

15 Jan 2009, 17:41:20

moved to PENDING REVIEW per message from Henri indicating that he's completed the action: http://www.w3.org/mid/B2F83F81-E7BC-4BC6-A751-CCC0BA324D3D@iki.fi

Michael[tm] Smith, 19 Jan 2009, 06:22:14

Scheduling for revisit in 8 weeks.

Henri Sivonen, 19 Jan 2009, 16:01:26

[DanC]: http://webblaze.cs.berkeley.edu/2009/origin/origin.txt

19 Jan 2009, 17:07:26

the ball is with Henri, not the group, so I'm marking this OPEN rather than PENDINGREVIEW

Dan Connolly, 11 Feb 2009, 18:02:21

Still not landed at the IETF, it seems. Moving out by another 8 weeks.

Henri Sivonen, 13 May 2009, 10:40:47

I propose closing this action per the IRC dialog below.

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20090908#l-229

<MikeSmith> hsivonen: action 96 is on you and due date for it has come up. (you changed the due date a couple months ago)
<-- laplink has quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
<MikeSmith> hsivonen: seems like it can be closed at this point
<hsivonen> MikeSmith: I'm ok with closing if you are
<MikeSmith> hsivonen: OK. I'm actually not sure why we were keeping it open. But anyway, during the telcon I will suggest closing it
<hsivonen> MikeSmith: Zakim picked me as a "victim". I don't want to track it.
<MikeSmith> hsivonen: understood
<MikeSmith> though maybe we need to get somebody else to take another action on it. I guess the issue now is that there are people who have objected to any mention of Origin in the spec at all
<MikeSmith> hsivonen: anyway, I'll add a note to the issue with a copy/paste of our IRC conversation here
<rubys1> is origin still in the spec?
<MikeSmith> rubys1: yeah, though it's not really defined in the spec
--> laplink (link@193.157.66.7) has joined #html-wg
<rubys1> then to me there still is work to be done (be it a bug or an issue, I care not)
<MikeSmith> the current spec just says in a couple places, "Send a header named Origin with the following contents"
<rubys1> I don't believe that origin is the current name, nor do I believe the IETF is comfortable with the idea.
<MikeSmith> rubys1: well, then it seems somebody other than hsivonen will need to take an action on it
<rubys1> demote it to raised
<MikeSmith> rubys1: I was just talking about action 96. but if you want to issue moved to raised, I can do that too
<rubys1> ah, I was confused. closing action 96 is fine with me.

Michael[tm] Smith, 8 Sep 2009, 18:52:54

[MikeSmith]: there are still references to Origin in the spec, but as far as this particular, it has essentically been "overtaken by events" -- changes in the spec have rendered the particular action moot

10 Sep 2009, 16:22:00

Display change log.


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $