Chatlog 2010-04-14

From W3C eGovernment Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> Guest: Dave Reynolds
<sandro> Guest: Ivan Herman
<sandro> Guest: Jeni (JeniT) Tennison, http://www.jenitennison.com
<sandro> Guest: Dan (danbri) Brickley
<sandro> Guest: Juan Sequeda
<sandro> Guest: Kate Geyer
<sandro> Guest: Laurent (laurent_lefort_cs) LeFort
<sandro> Guest: Oly Erickson
<sandro> Guest: Libby Miller
<sandro> Guest: Tom M
<sandro> Present: hausenblas, sandro, chris_beer, owen, brand, cory, bennett, edsu, sheridan, martinspain, flagg, cygri, brian
<sandro> Scribe: hausenblas
# who???
<sandro> topic: Problems with the conference call system
<sandro> summary: Sandro apologizes for the system not being set up correctly.   Folks wait around while it gets corrected to allow more than ten people on the call.
12:55:51 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #egov
12:55:51 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-irc
12:55:59 <sandro> zakim, this will be egov
12:55:59 <Zakim> ok, sandro, I see T&S_EGOV(DMngmnt)8:00AM already started
12:56:10 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
12:56:10 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P8
12:56:27 <Zakim> +Sandro
12:56:38 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
12:56:38 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
12:56:40 <Zakim> +Ivan
12:56:48 <JeniT> JeniT has joined #egov
12:57:56 <fadi> fadi has joined #egov
12:58:00 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
12:58:23 <Zakim> +??P11
12:58:30 <Zakim> + +0203334aaaa - is perhaps John
12:58:43 <Zakim> + +1.865.576.aabb
12:58:45 <juansequeda> zakim, ??P11 is me
12:58:45 <Zakim> +juansequeda; got it
12:59:15 <Zakim> + +1.617.752.aacc
12:59:20 <JeniT> http://www.epimorphics.com/public/presentations/ldapi/egov-presentation.html#(1)
12:59:20 <Zakim> + +1.614.692.aadd
12:59:26 <Zakim> + +1.404.314.aaee
12:59:36 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
12:59:36 <Zakim> On the phone I see DaveReynolds, Sandro, Ivan, mhausenblas, juansequeda, John, +1.865.576.aabb, +1.617.752.aacc, +1.614.692.aadd, +1.404.314.aaee
12:59:39 <laurent_lefort_cs> laurent_lefort_cs has joined #egov
12:59:48 <martinSpain> martinSpain has joined #egov
12:59:50 <JeniT> I'm on the same line as John
13:00:07 <TomM> TomM has joined #egov
13:00:28 <TomM> Conference call is full
13:00:54 <sandro> checkiing on it TomM
13:01:05 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
13:01:05 <Zakim> On the phone I see DaveReynolds, Sandro, Ivan, mhausenblas, juansequeda, John, +1.865.576.aabb, +1.617.752.aacc, +1.614.692.aadd, +1.404.314.aaee
13:01:40 <TomM> thx
13:02:09 <roger> roger has joined #egov
13:02:52 <cgi-irc> cgi-irc has joined #egov
13:03:04 <DaveReynolds> @olyerickson asked about streaming audio ... maybe another time :)
13:03:11 <filiope> filiope has joined #egov
13:03:40 <colin> colin has joined #egov
13:03:40 <olyerickson1> olyerickson1 has joined #egov
13:04:02 <TomM> now conference is restricted...
13:04:11 <sandro> still working on it!   sorry!
13:04:17 <TomM> thx
13:04:21 <kate_geyer> kate_geyer has joined #egov
13:04:27 <Daniel_Bennett> Daniel_Bennett has joined #egov
13:05:47 <Cory> Cory has joined #egov
13:06:09 <sandro> yeah.   :-(
13:06:25 <Cornelia> Cornelia has joined #egov
13:06:29 <sandro> I'm so sorry everyone.   I thought this was set up properly.
13:06:36 <sandro> Hopefully just another minute or two.
13:06:37 <Cory> Ok, I get back in the loop andd the loop is closed!
13:06:49 <edsu> sandro: no worries, it's a good problem to have imho :-)
13:07:11 <juansequeda> mhausenblas, really? I was expecting this :)
13:07:28 <cygri_> cygri_ has joined #egov
13:07:30 <Cory> I can set up a gotowebinar
13:08:46 <edsu> anyone know how many people are on the call? (that aren't in irc)
13:09:52 <danbri> danbri has joined #egov
13:09:52 <mhausenblas> Zakim, cygri is with mhausenblas  
13:09:52 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
13:10:05 <sandro> Yeah, 10.    People with w3c member access can see the list of all bridge users here: http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
13:10:12 <johnlsheridan> how will we know when we can start?
13:10:22 <adrian> adrian has joined #egov
13:10:33 <PaulZH> PaulZH has joined #egov
13:10:34 <johnlsheridan> ok
13:10:49 <johnlsheridan> I think it might suit JeniT
13:10:50 <JeniT> Suits me. I hate talking on the phone at the best of times ;)
13:10:54 <Chris> Chris has joined #egov
13:10:56 <Zakim> - +1.404.314.aaee
13:11:15 <libby> libby has joined #egov
13:11:21 <JeniT> hi libby :)
13:11:28 <libby> hey jenit!
13:11:33 <libby> and all
13:11:39 <Chris> Evening all
13:11:41 <sandro> hey libby!
13:11:50 <libby> hey sandro ;-)
13:11:55 <sandro> waiting, waiting.  :-)
13:12:02 <libby> s/;-)/:-)/
13:12:42 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's making noise?
13:12:55 <Zakim> mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (31%), +1.614.692.aadd (18%), Ivan (11%)
13:13:07 <sandro> zakim, mute me
13:13:07 <Zakim> Sandro should now be muted
13:13:11 <sandro> did that do it?
13:13:14 <JeniT> no
13:13:18 <ivan> zakim, mute me
13:13:18 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted
13:13:19 <sandro> zakim, unmute me
13:13:19 <Zakim> Sandro should no longer be muted
13:13:27 <sandro> zakim, mute aadd
13:13:27 <Zakim> +1.614.692.aadd should now be muted
13:13:36 <ivan> aaaahhhh :-)
13:13:52 <Zakim> - +1.614.692.aadd
13:14:38 <Chris> meh - Probs with conf call sandro?
13:14:48 <sandro> Yes, Chris   :-(    :-( 
13:14:56 <johnlsheridan> when we start, will people want to introduce themselves on the call, or just skip straight to the presentation?
13:15:22 <Chris> @sandro no stress - how long till fix?
13:15:24 <Zakim> + +1.573.522.aaff
13:15:36 <sandro> (and totally my fault, for setting up the teleconference reservation incorrectly.)
13:15:48 <Zakim> + +0782464aagg
13:16:02 <johnlsheridan> normally 10 people is enough for us :)
13:16:31 <TomM> twitter-effect.... :)
13:16:39 <libby> hey dave!
13:16:46 <OwenAmbur> OwenAmbur has joined #egov
13:17:38 <mhausenblas> I guess so, TomM  - re Twitter http://search.twitter.com/search?q=egov+linked+data
13:17:50 <Cory> Sandro - I have a gotomeeting  webinar running, if needed
13:18:33 <sandro> Thanks, Cory.   In 10 years at W3C I've never had a problem, except once when the bridge's second redundant power supply blew out.   
13:18:36 <Zakim> - +0782464aagg
13:19:13 <Cory> Its the every 10 year problems that get you!
13:19:25 <mib_lo55ig> mib_lo55ig has joined #egov
13:21:04 <sandro> [The admin I'm talking to now isn't answering me....    hopefully that means she's getting up, or something.    But the real expert on the system is away helping with local flood relief operations.]
13:21:18 <sandro> er, getting *help* I mean
13:22:11 <Rachel> Rachel has joined #egov
13:22:32 <edsu> sandro: so would that be ralph who is helping out w/ the flood relief
13:22:36 <ruben> ruben has joined #egov
13:23:40 <JeniT> Zakim, John is johnlsheridan
13:23:40 <Zakim> +johnlsheridan; got it
13:23:42 <ephemerian> ephemerian has joined #egov
13:23:53 <JeniT> Zakim, JeniT is with johnlsheridan
13:23:53 <Zakim> +JeniT; got it
13:24:06 <johnlsheridan> I'm being organised by JeniT (again)
13:24:14 <Chris> lol
13:24:16 <johnlsheridan> ok
13:24:18 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
13:24:20 <Zakim> -juansequeda
13:24:21 <Zakim> - +1.573.522.aaff
13:24:23 <Zakim> - +1.617.752.aacc
13:24:25 <ivan> zakim, drop me
13:24:25 <Zakim> -johnlsheridan
13:24:25 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
13:24:25 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected
13:24:26 <Zakim> -Ivan
13:24:26 <Zakim> - +1.865.576.aabb
13:24:30 <Zakim> -Sandro
13:24:31 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(DMngmnt)8:00AM has ended
13:24:32 <Zakim> Attendees were Sandro, Ivan, DaveReynolds, mhausenblas, +0203334aaaa, +1.865.576.aabb, juansequeda, +1.617.752.aacc, +1.614.692.aadd, +1.404.314.aaee, cygri, +1.573.522.aaff,
13:24:35 <Zakim> ... +0782464aagg, johnlsheridan, JeniT
13:24:40 <Cory> On another note - I would like to try and spool up "outreach" again, looking for ideas and input
13:24:50 <sandro> zakim, this will be egov
13:24:50 <Zakim> ok, sandro, I see T&S_EGOV()9:00AM already started
13:24:50 <johnlsheridan> can we try and dial back now?
13:24:59 <edsu> Zakim, LC is edsu
13:24:59 <Zakim> +edsu; got it
13:24:59 <sandro> yes.
13:25:06 <mhausenblas> Zakim, code?
13:25:06 <Zakim> the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), mhausenblas
13:25:08 <Zakim> + +1.865.576.aaaa
13:25:08 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
13:25:09 <Zakim> + +1.573.522.aabb
13:25:09 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip
13:25:10 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made
13:25:10 <Zakim> +??P5
13:25:12 <Zakim> +Ivan
13:25:23 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
13:25:26 <edsu> dang somebody sounds like they're in a laundromat :-)
13:25:27 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
13:25:28 <Zakim> +Sandro
13:25:35 <Zakim> +??P2
13:25:36 <Zakim> + +1.914.461.aacc
13:25:36 <Zakim> + +1.617.752.aadd
13:25:39 <Zakim> +Cory
13:25:39 <mhausenblas> Zakim, cygri is with mhausenblas 
13:25:40 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
13:25:41 <Zakim> + +0203334aaee - is perhaps johnlsheridan
13:25:44 <edsu> sandro++
13:25:50 <ivan> isn't technology great?
13:25:52 <JeniT> Zakim, JeniT is with johnlsheridan
13:25:52 <Zakim> +JeniT; got it
13:25:56 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a]
13:26:03 <sandro> OKAY TO CALL NOW!!
13:26:04 <Zakim> + +1.617.619.aaff
13:26:05 <Zakim> + +03539149aagg
13:26:09 <edsu> ivan: :-)
13:26:22 <laurent_lefort_cs> zakim, ++??P2 is me
13:26:22 <Zakim> sorry, laurent_lefort_cs, I do not recognize a party named '++??P2'
13:26:24 <TomM> :)
13:26:28 <Zakim> + +1.805.560.aahh
13:26:35 <laurent_lefort_cs> zakim, +??P2 is me
13:26:35 <Zakim> sorry, laurent_lefort_cs, I do not recognize a party named '+??P2'
13:26:39 <Zakim> + +7.942.aaii
13:26:43 <Cory> So now we are goint to tell the world how to be interconnected, right!
13:26:51 <laurent_lefort_cs> zakim, ??P2 is me
13:26:51 <Zakim> +laurent_lefort_cs; got it
13:26:57 <Zakim> + +1.617.521.aajj
13:27:00 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.aa]
13:27:13 <Zakim> +[CTIC]
13:27:43 <martinSpain> Zakim, [CTIC is martinSpain
13:27:43 <Zakim> +martinSpain; got it
13:28:27 <gtremblay> gtremblay has joined #egov
13:29:06 <Zakim> +??P24
13:29:14 <danbri> zakim, I just joined
13:29:14 <Zakim> I don't understand 'I just joined', danbri
13:29:18 <JeniT> http://www.epimorphics.com/public/presentations/ldapi/egov-presentation.html
13:29:24 <RichW> RichW has joined #egov
13:29:25 <sandro> zakim, ??P24 is danbri
13:29:25 <Zakim> +danbri; got it
13:30:27 <danbri> danbri has joined #egov
13:31:06 <jpf> jpf has joined #egov
13:31:11 <edsu> mhausenblas: sounds like you are volunteering :-)
13:31:34 <daniel> .mhausenblas... this would be good
13:31:42 <edsu> mhausenblas++
13:31:47 <johnlsheridan> +1 - sorry, I should have asked for a scribe!
13:32:00 <danbri> zakim, who is on the phone?
13:32:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see edsu, +1.865.576.aaaa, DaveReynolds, +1.573.522.aabb, DaveReynolds, Ivan, [IPcaller], mhausenblas, Sandro, +1.914.461.aacc, laurent_lefort_cs, +1.617.752.aadd,
13:32:03 <Zakim> ... Cory, johnlsheridan, [IPcaller.a], +1.617.619.aaff, +03539149aagg (muted), +1.805.560.aahh, +7.942.aaii, +1.617.521.aajj, [IPcaller.aa], martinSpain, danbri (muted)
<sandro> topic: Main Presentation: Linked Data API
<sandro> summary: Dave Reynolds and Jeni Tennison present a system for exposing the data available in SPARQL endpoints in ways which make them much easier to use for non-RDF-experts.
13:32:06 <Zakim> johnlsheridan has johnlsheridan, JeniT
13:32:08 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
13:32:31 <olyerickson1> for thoe of us IRC only, please tell us the current slide...thanks!
13:32:39 <mhausenblas> ok
13:32:44 <sandro> still on slide 2 I believe
13:32:52 <equaliser> equaliser has joined #egov
13:33:22 <sandro>  slide:3
13:33:35 <mhausenblas> JeniT: goal is a middleware that hides away RDF/SPARQL complexity
13:33:39 <cutlass> cutlass has joined #egov
13:33:53 <Chris> @sandro --> PM.
13:34:09 <Zakim> +Brand
13:34:19 <sandro>  slide:4
13:34:21 <ivan> zakim, mute me
13:34:21 <Zakim> Ivan should now be muted
13:34:25 <daniel> s, middleware transformation to rdf-based systems is out of scope?
13:34:33 <mhausenblas> JeniT: the middleware takes HTTP request and wraps the SPARQL endpoint
13:34:50 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
13:35:02 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [IPcaller] (5%), Brand (9%)
13:35:38 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
13:35:42 <mhausenblas> JeniT: idea is that people deploy the middleware with API spec and serves multitude of formats
13:35:52 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
13:36:02 <mhausenblas> ... make customisation easy
13:36:21 <mhausenblas> slide 5
13:36:30 <mhausenblas> JeniT: consumer side
13:37:12 <mhausenblas> ... the RDF format we had are 'ugly' and require changed tool chain
13:37:49 <sandro>  slide:6
13:37:51 <mhausenblas> ... so in order to simplify the job we remove round-tripping and provide simple JSON 
13:38:03 <mhausenblas> JeniT: query
13:38:13 <mhausenblas> ... SPARQL was perceived too complex
13:38:41 <mhausenblas> ... people want to list based on URIs
13:39:00 <sandro> (great stuff, JeniT....  makes a lot of sense.)
13:39:21 <mhausenblas> juansequeda: what are the 'ugly' formats
13:39:25 <daniel> what is the role of REST?/is there one?
13:39:38 <mhausenblas> JeniT: RDF/XML
13:39:57 <Zakim> +Rachel
13:40:03 <mhausenblas> JeniT: aim is to make it a RESTful protocol 
13:40:12 <mhausenblas> ... get list of things
13:40:17 <mhausenblas> ... read-only ATM
13:40:24 <danbri> is the idea for this API to have multiple implementations, or is it mainly an implementation?
13:40:30 <danbri> <- question in irc as my audio is bad
13:40:52 <mhausenblas> JeniT: idea is to have a generic spec with many impls
13:41:23 <edsu> i guess this is the specification currently? http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification
13:41:37 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds wil now explain how it works behind the scenes
13:41:43 <JeniT> Yes, that's right edsu
13:41:45 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: slide 7
13:42:22 <mhausenblas> ... the middleware takes HTTP request and figures how to translate it to SPARQL queries
13:42:50 <mhausenblas> ... the vocab piece is needed to map types, labels, etc.
13:43:01 <mhausenblas> slide 8
13:43:17 <daniel> does the mapping have a link to e.g. the d2r-server mapping stuff
13:43:22 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: middleware == selector, viewer, formatter
13:44:48 <mhausenblas> (DaveReynolds explains details re the three components)
13:44:59 <mhausenblas> slide 9
13:45:19 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: first you need to define the endpoint
13:45:46 <mhausenblas> ... for a SPARQL endpoint you define 1..N API endpoints
13:46:20 <mhausenblas> ... and then a view definition
13:46:59 <mhausenblas> slide 10
13:47:09 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: using it
13:47:46 <mhausenblas> ... GET on http://epimorph-pubx1.appspot.com/proxy/api/doc/schools
13:48:05 <tmarkus> tmarkus has joined #egov
13:48:12 <mhausenblas> slide 11
13:48:59 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: you get back the top-level resource
13:49:19 <mhausenblas> ... now in RDF/Turtle
13:49:54 <mhausenblas> slide 12
13:50:20 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: important that we return a list of resources not a set of "bindings"
13:50:29 <mhausenblas> ... conserve the linked data root
13:50:58 <danbri> (this is a very healthy emphasis... the resource-centric aspect)
13:51:12 <mhausenblas> s/the linked data root/the resource-centric nature of linked data
13:51:37 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: further, it's paged
13:52:01 <mhausenblas> ... and finally multiple representations (JSON, RDF etc)
13:52:13 <mhausenblas> slide 13
13:52:37 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: just put a .json on the end and you get a JSON representation
13:53:15 <Zakim> + +1.303.869.aakk
13:53:35 <mhausenblas> ... result is an array which conserves the Linked Data structure
13:53:37 <mhausenblas> slide 14
13:54:00 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: goal was to keep the JSON simple/natural
13:54:21 <mhausenblas> ... uniform tree structure
13:55:38 <mhausenblas> ... also gives context information (mapping, etc.)
13:55:50 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:55:50 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:55:53 <mhausenblas> slide 15
13:56:00 <mhausenblas> rrsagent, make logs public
13:56:12 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: filtering
13:56:24 <Zakim> - +1.573.522.aabb
13:56:48 <mhausenblas> ... you can narrow down by changing URI
13:57:25 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:57:25 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
13:58:10 <mhausenblas> slide 16
13:58:25 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: sublists and patterns
13:58:46 <mhausenblas> ... package useful filters into endpoints
13:59:52 <mhausenblas> ... leverage URI patterns
14:00:30 <mhausenblas> slide 17
14:00:32 <Zakim> + +1.410.965.aall
14:01:06 <mhausenblas> Michael: wondering if the template is based on http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate
14:01:34 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: assisting with formulating queries
14:01:38 <JeniT> mhausenblas: no, simpler, because it's for parsing rather than generation
14:01:48 <mhausenblas> hmmm
14:01:51 <JeniT> mhausenblas: rather, it's *based on*, but not everything from
14:02:23 <mhausenblas> Michael: thanks JeniT - I see
14:02:31 <juansequeda> what is the link to the spec?
14:02:48 <DaveReynolds> Spec is at: http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification
14:02:49 <mhausenblas> JeniT wraps up
14:03:04 <mhausenblas> JeniT: something we found we really needed
14:03:08 <sandro> q?
14:03:18 <Cory> we did something similar bit were concerned about acceptance: http://www.modeldriven.org/projects/EKB/XMLView.ppt
14:03:19 <sandro> if you have questions, please use "q+" on irc
14:03:30 <mhausenblas> ... normal consumers (Web develeopers the scribe thinks?) not willing to handle RDF
14:03:59 <libby> q+
14:04:02 <mhausenblas> JeniT: it simplifies many tasks
14:04:12 <Zakim> - +1.303.869.aakk
14:04:12 <mhausenblas> ... no need to learn SPARQL
14:04:44 <daniel> sidenote : is there a way to push the json-output to the libs such as jena2?
14:05:33 <mhausenblas> JeniT: through preserving the linked data aspects the users can still extend/learn more
14:05:51 <mhausenblas> ... other side is helping the publishers of linked data
14:05:57 <DaveReynolds> daniel - json-output is in an open source project and works with Jena
14:06:06 <mhausenblas> JeniT:  simple config - rich API
14:06:10 <Zakim> + +1.303.869.aamm
14:06:18 <Zakim> - +1.914.461.aacc
14:06:30 <daniel> DaveReynolds: ok, thx  - do you have a link for that?
14:06:43 <DaveReynolds> daniel - see http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/source/checkout
14:06:54 <johnlsheridan> ack libby
14:06:55 <juansequeda> q+
14:07:00 <DaveReynolds> Not yet formally released and supported ! :)
14:07:05 <mhausenblas> libby: really impressive stuff
14:07:14 <danbri> q+ to ask (if someone can relay this into audio) ... any interest in going further towards full text search, ranking, auto-completion ('give me schools whose names/labels begin with...')...
14:07:21 <edsu> q+ to ask slide 13
14:07:27 <mhausenblas> libby:  are people now complaining less?
14:07:50 <mhausenblas> JeniT: have presented this on certain meet-ups and very positive feedback, yes
14:08:11 <mhausenblas> libby: does this include also non-RDF-people?
14:08:21 <johnlsheridan> ack juansequeda
14:08:26 <libby> thanks ;-)
14:08:35 <mhausenblas> JeniT: most are sort of RDF aware,
14:09:23 <mhausenblas> juansequeda: people often think RDF == XML, what's you experiences with this?
14:09:27 <Cory> Objection 1: RDF is XML.  Objection 2: RDF isn't XML
14:09:32 <mhausenblas> juansequeda: future plans?
14:09:45 <Zakim> + +1.559.445.aann
14:10:01 <edsu> ok :-)
14:10:41 <juansequeda> edsu, it is me :)
14:10:58 <edsu> mhausenblas++
14:11:01 <JeniT> PHP implementation: http://code.google.com/p/puelia-php/
14:11:18 <libby> heh
14:11:20 <johnlsheridan> ack danbri
14:11:21 <Zakim> danbri, you wanted to ask (if someone can relay this into audio) ... any interest in going further towards full text search, ranking, auto-completion ('give me schools whose
14:11:23 <JeniT> Ruby implementation: http://github.com/ldodds/linked-data-api
14:11:25 <Zakim> ... names/labels begin with...')...
14:11:26 <danbri> ack me
14:11:27 <danbri> danbri: q+ to ask (if someone can relay this into audio) ... any interest in going further towards full text search, ranking, auto-completion ('give me schools whose names/labels begin with...')...
14:11:39 <johnlsheridan> q?
14:11:51 <Cory> q+
14:12:13 <JeniT> Java implementation: http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/
14:12:30 <juansequeda> JeniT, any plans of coming to the US anytime soon?
14:12:36 <johnlsheridan> ack edsu
14:12:36 <Zakim> edsu, you wanted to ask slide 13
14:12:37 <danbri> thanks dave!
14:12:41 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: there are some hooks for these things danbri but no active developments ATM
14:13:19 <mhausenblas> JeniT: we support extension points in the middleware
14:13:26 <danbri> (i have a hunch auto-complete will end up being important...)
14:13:27 <edsu> http://epimorph-pubx1.appspot.com/proxy/api/doc/schools.json
14:13:33 <mhausenblas> edsu: question re slide 13
14:13:36 <mhausenblas> ack edsu 
14:14:06 <mhausenblas> edsu: so you have a list of schools
14:14:31 <mhausenblas> ... what about a link back to the API to get the JSON back
14:14:45 <JeniT> juansequeda, I'm over for WWW2010 and then for Semtech 2010 :)
14:15:22 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: at the top level (next, previous page) there is also the alternative formats
14:15:35 <mhausenblas> ... same works for item-level
14:15:39 <juansequeda> JeniT, great Looking forward to finally meeting you at WWW2010 and at Semtech :) Any free time? Would you like to come to Austin?
14:16:13 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: we have not gone so far to offer it for every resource, no
14:16:30 <johnlsheridan> ack Cory
14:16:38 <JeniT> juansequeda, probably won't have time :( But hope we can meet at the conferences
14:17:06 <mhausenblas> Cory: you mentioned XXX - plans for it?
14:17:23 <Cory> XXX = update
14:17:34 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: current motivation and reqs stems from data.gov.uk
14:17:53 <mhausenblas> s/XXX/update
14:18:01 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:18:01 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:18:22 <edsu> mhausenblas: i asked the question awkwardly, i meant to ask if the spec would allow people to follow their nose in the json data, so individual schools in that response would have a linked-data-api uri to get the item level json for a school
14:18:23 <mhausenblas> DaveReynolds: re updates - we'd be open to any ideas, currently not supported
14:19:13 <mhausenblas> JeniT: have seen such a requirement already, recently
14:19:48 <mhausenblas> Michael: notes http://esw.w3.org/WriteWebOfData and happy to follow up with you chaps
14:20:20 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:20:20 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:20:35 <Zakim> - +1.617.521.aajj
14:20:35 <edsu> does irc.w3.org respond on port 80?
14:21:13 <DaveReynolds> You're welcome :)
14:21:13 <ivan> clap clap clap
14:21:14 <danbri> edsu, it seems to talk irc: on :80, yes
14:21:20 <Zakim> - +1.805.560.aahh
14:21:21 <danbri> i hadn't thought to look before :)
14:21:23 <ivan> ivan drop me
14:21:28 <mhausenblas> johnlsheridan: thanks for presenting JeniT and DaveReynolds 
14:21:32 <laurent_lefort_cs> * laurent claps
14:21:36 <libby> thanks all
14:21:44 <Zakim> - +7.942.aaii
14:21:51 <Zakim> -danbri
14:21:56 <Zakim> - +1.617.752.aadd
14:22:03 <Zakim> -martinSpain
14:22:09 <Zakim> -[IPcaller]
14:22:34 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
14:22:34 <Zakim> On the phone I see edsu, +1.865.576.aaaa, DaveReynolds, DaveReynolds, Ivan (muted), mhausenblas, Sandro, laurent_lefort_cs, Cory, johnlsheridan, [IPcaller.a], +1.617.619.aaff,
14:22:38 <Zakim> ... +03539149aagg (muted), [IPcaller.aa], Brand, Rachel, +1.410.965.aall, +1.303.869.aamm, +1.559.445.aann
14:22:41 <Zakim> johnlsheridan has johnlsheridan, JeniT
14:22:42 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
14:22:45 <ephemerian> ephemerian has left #egov
<sandro> Topic: Announcements
14:22:58 <mhausenblas> sandro: any announcements?
14:22:58 <kate_geyer> Kate from MA, US, staying until the end
14:23:19 <mhausenblas> sandro: DCAT will start its work tomorrow
14:23:43 <ivan> ivan has left #egov
14:23:46 <mhausenblas> sandro: meeting in two weeks will host speakers from ZZZ
14:23:55 <Zakim> -Ivan
14:23:58 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:23:58 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:23:59 <daniel> daniel has left #egov
14:24:12 <mhausenblas> Chair: johnlsheridan 
14:25:29 <sandro> s/ZZZ/New York state legislature/
14:25:36 <Zakim> -[IPcaller.a]
14:25:44 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:25:44 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:26:12 <mhausenblas> Cory: in outreach want to find out in what people are interested in
14:26:22 <mhausenblas> ... will do some work in Wiki and send out email
14:28:03 <mhausenblas> johnlsheridan: will talk about in chairs group but would like to update the note with recent activities
14:29:56 <mhausenblas> BrianG: some uptake of catalogue in Colorado  
14:30:42 <mhausenblas> OwenAmbur: there are two other activities
14:30:51 <sandro> zakim, who is here?
14:30:51 <Zakim> On the phone I see edsu, +1.865.576.aaaa, DaveReynolds, DaveReynolds, mhausenblas, Sandro, laurent_lefort_cs, Cory, johnlsheridan, +1.617.619.aaff, +03539149aagg (muted),
14:30:55 <Zakim> ... [IPcaller.aa], Brand, Rachel, +1.410.965.aall, +1.303.869.aamm, +1.559.445.aann
14:30:57 <Zakim> johnlsheridan has johnlsheridan, JeniT
14:30:58 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
14:31:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see tmarkus, cutlass, equaliser, jpf, RichW, Rachel, mib_lo55ig, OwenAmbur, libby, cygri, Cornelia, Cory, Daniel_Bennett, kate_geyer, olyerickson1, colin, martinSpain,
14:31:02 <johnlsheridan> q?
14:31:02 <mhausenblas> scribe can't understand OwenAmbur  - anyone?
14:31:04 <Zakim> ... laurent_lefort_cs, fadi, JeniT, RRSAgent, johnlsheridan, DaveReynolds, juansequeda, mhausenblas, hughb, edsu, Zakim, sandro, trackbot
14:31:35 <Zakim> - +1.617.619.aaff
14:31:41 <Zakim> - +03539149aagg
14:31:56 <OwenAmbur> IAC is conducting a social media best practices study.
14:32:02 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:32:02 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:32:13 <OwenAmbur> They will be interviewing a number of .gov officials for the study.
14:32:47 <Zakim> -Brand
14:32:49 <Zakim> - +1.410.965.aall
14:32:49 <mhausenblas> [adjourned]
14:32:50 <Zakim> -Rachel
14:32:50 <Zakim> - +1.559.445.aann
14:32:52 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
14:32:52 <Zakim> -edsu
14:32:54 <laurent_lefort_cs> laurent_lefort_cs has left #egov
14:32:54 <OwenAmbur> Under the auspices of IBM's Center for the Business of Government, Professor Pat Franks is also conducting a similar study.
14:32:56 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:32:58 <Zakim> -johnlsheridan
14:33:00 <Zakim> -Cory
14:33:04 <Zakim> - +1.303.869.aamm
14:33:06 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
14:33:09 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:33:09 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/14-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:33:12 <Zakim> -laurent_lefort_cs
14:33:15 <sandro> thanks so much for scribing, mhausenblas.      I can take them from here, thanks!
14:33:32 <mhausenblas> yw - thanks for taking care of the rest ;)
14:33:38 <JeniT> bye :)
14:33:49 <Zakim> - +1.865.576.aaaa
14:33:51 <Zakim> -[IPcaller.aa]
14:33:51 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
14:33:51 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV()9:00AM has ended
14:33:53 <Zakim> Attendees were edsu, +1.865.576.aaaa, +1.573.522.aabb, Ivan, DaveReynolds, [IPcaller], mhausenblas, Sandro, +1.914.461.aacc, +1.617.752.aadd, Cory, cygri, +0203334aaee, JeniT,
14:33:58 <Zakim> ... +1.617.619.aaff, +03539149aagg, +1.805.560.aahh, +7.942.aaii, laurent_lefort_cs, +1.617.521.aajj, [CTIC], martinSpain, danbri, Brand, Rachel, +1.303.869.aakk, +1.410.965.aall,
14:34:00 <Zakim> ... +1.303.869.aamm, +1.559.445.aann
14:34:12 <JeniT> JeniT has left #egov
14:35:32 <juansequeda> juansequeda has left #egov
14:41:33 <adrian> adrian has joined #egov
14:43:09 <olyerickson1> olyerickson1 has left #egov
14:50:10 <cygri_> cygri_ has joined #egov
14:50:23 <sandro> just about to send it out, cygri 
14:50:31 <sandro> finishing adding logistics
14:54:49 <cygri> cheers sandro, and thanks for the plug during the meeting!
15:05:34 <cygri_> cygri_ has joined #egov
15:37:10 <mhausenblas> mhausenblas has joined #egov
17:41:19 <cygri> cygri has joined #egov
19:29:25 <libby> libby has left #egov
21:08:08 <Rachel> #quit
21:41:25 <libby> libby has joined #egov
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000480