Chatlog 2010-02-11 Project 0

From W3C eGovernment Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See CommonScribe Control Panel, original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<mh> Present: Cory, HughG, Brand, mh
15:58:39 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Tech)10:00AM has now started
15:58:46 <Zakim> + +1.703.880.aaaa
15:59:25 <Zakim> + +3539149aabb
15:59:36 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aabb is me
15:59:36 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it
16:00:15 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's here?
16:00:15 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.703.880.aaaa, mhausenblas
16:00:16 <Zakim> On IRC I see hg, Cory, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot, sandro
16:00:16 <Cory> Zakim, aaaa is Cory
16:00:16 <Zakim> +Cory; got it
16:01:18 <Zakim> + +0789422aacc
16:01:35 <Zakim> + +0012aadd
16:02:12 <hg> 17894 is hg
16:02:46 <mhausenblas> trackbot, status?
16:02:48 <Zakim> - +0012aadd
16:02:57 <mhausenblas> trackbot, start telecon
16:02:59 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
16:03:01 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV
16:03:01 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_EGOV(LD Tech)10:00AM already started
16:03:02 <trackbot> Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
16:03:02 <trackbot> Date: 11 February 2010
16:03:48 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/LD_Outreach_Meeting_Febuary_11,_2010
16:03:53 <mhausenblas> Chair: Cory 
16:03:59 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas 
16:04:03 <hg> Zakim, aacc is me
16:04:03 <Zakim> +hg; got it
16:04:20 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's here?
16:04:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see Cory, mhausenblas, hg (muted)
16:04:21 <Zakim> On IRC I see hg, Cory, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot, sandro
16:04:42 <Zakim> + +1.202.236.aaee
16:05:55 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:05:55 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:06:01 <mhausenblas> rrsagent, make logs public
16:06:57 <mhausenblas> Cory: welcome all
16:07:09 <mhausenblas> ... I volunteered to chair this project
16:07:22 <mhausenblas> ... covering LD strategies and technologies 
16:08:11 <mhausenblas> ... this should be a forum to exchange stuff re LD publishing in the governmental area
16:09:24 <mhausenblas> Mh: Post-doc at DERI, coordinator of  http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
16:10:06 <mhausenblas> hg: researcher at Southampton, created RKB explorer, responsible for sameas.org
16:10:18 <mhausenblas> ... lots of co-reference stuff, actually
16:11:02 <hg> http://sameas.org/ http://rkbexplorer.com/
16:11:29 <mhausenblas> Brendan (?): worked with Cory, at US environmental protection agency
16:11:47 <mhausenblas> ... background with spreadsheets, interest in LD
16:12:10 <mhausenblas> ... working on FOSS Web spreadsheet tool
16:12:41 <mhausenblas> hg: Michael and I are interested in LD metadata, see http://semanticweb.org/wiki/VoiD
16:13:15 <mhausenblas> Cory: interest also in modeldriven.org (?)
16:13:20 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's here?
16:13:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see Cory, mhausenblas, hg, +1.202.236.aaee
16:13:21 <Zakim> On IRC I see hg, Cory, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot, sandro
16:13:43 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:13:43 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:13:57 <Cory> In the future meetings will be at 10am
16:14:16 <Cory> Brand Neiman
16:14:35 <mhausenblas> s/Brendan (?)/Brand
16:14:39 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:14:39 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:15:00 <mhausenblas> Zakim, list attendees
16:15:00 <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been +1.703.880.aaaa, +3539149aabb, mhausenblas, Cory, +0789422aacc, +0012aadd, hg, +1.202.236.aaee
16:15:09 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:15:09 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:15:33 <mhausenblas> present+ Cory
16:15:37 <mhausenblas> present+ Hugh
16:15:42 <mhausenblas> present+ Brand
16:15:46 <mhausenblas> present+ Michael
16:16:20 <mhausenblas> Cory: collect resources regarding LD in eGov on the Web
16:16:47 <mhausenblas> Mh: we could use http://linkeddata.deri.ie/node/72 as an input
16:17:01 <mhausenblas> Cory: gather success stories
16:17:31 <hg> http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Linked_Data
16:17:46 <hg> is that it?
16:19:00 <mhausenblas> Cory: let's start collecting references first, yes
16:19:54 <mhausenblas> hg: should we also consider collecting resources concerning the issues?
16:20:23 <mhausenblas> Cory: sort of a catalogue of catalogues 
16:21:12 <mhausenblas> hg: bit frustrating personally speaking is that the dissemination channels are not fully available/supported
16:21:24 <mhausenblas> ... for example to go out and hold seminars, etc.
16:21:50 <mhausenblas> Cory: looks like that most of the UK stuff is not that well known outside the inner circle
16:22:31 <mhausenblas> Mh: agree, but what shall we do, concretely? 
16:23:13 <mhausenblas> rrsagent, draft minutes
16:23:13 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:24:40 <mhausenblas> Mh: shall we also do lobbying? 
16:25:17 <mhausenblas> Cory: sandro is unfortunately not here, but maybe W3C can help with that, yes - sort of organising a F2F
16:26:00 <mhausenblas> ACTION: Cory to ask sandro re lobbying efforts (F2F, etc.) within W3C
16:26:01 <trackbot> Created ACTION-98 - Ask sandro re lobbying efforts (F2F, etc.) within W3C [on Cory Casanave - due 2010-02-18].
16:27:12 <mhausenblas> Cory: shall we maintain a tools list
16:27:14 <mhausenblas> Mh:
16:27:16 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Main_Page
16:28:16 <mhausenblas> Mh: my 2c is, no, let's not redo it ...
16:28:35 <mhausenblas> hg: we should encourage people to contribute
16:30:00 <mhausenblas> Mh:  re datasets let's use a more or less automated approach based on voiD etc.
16:30:21 <mhausenblas> hg: also in the UK, automated approaches are dominating 
16:30:26 <mhausenblas> +1
16:31:14 <mhausenblas> Cory: re cataloguing, what would people like to see? 
16:32:16 <mhausenblas> hg: re technologies (as well) - the practical limitations of gov agency, one should always think of that there is a workflow in the background
16:32:35 <mhausenblas> ... outreach should tackle these issues around the process as well
16:32:52 <mhausenblas> Cory: makes sense
16:33:14 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:33:14 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:33:21 <Cory> Practical difficulties in opening data - political and technical
16:34:45 <Cory> Core will do a summary "mission statement"
16:35:01 <mhausenblas> ACTION: Cory to propose a mission statement for our project
16:35:01 <trackbot> Created ACTION-99 - Propose a mission statement for our project [on Cory Casanave - due 2010-02-18].
16:35:40 <mhausenblas> hg: I didn't mean to refer to "political" issues but rather to social interaction
16:36:11 <mhausenblas> hg: agency-internally dynamics
16:36:45 <mhausenblas> ... ensure that it is satisfactory, how to identify benefits towards citizens, etc
16:36:59 <mhausenblas> ... we need to understand the business process, really
16:39:06 <mhausenblas> ACTION: Hugh to draft a paragraph regarding gov agency business process and its implications on our outreach work
16:39:06 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Hugh
16:39:06 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. hbarnes, hglaser3)
16:39:23 <mhausenblas> ACTION: hg to draft a paragraph regarding gov agency business process and its implications on our outreach work
16:39:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-100 - Draft a paragraph regarding gov agency business process and its implications on our outreach work [on Hugh Glaser - due 2010-02-18].
16:42:12 <mhausenblas> ACTION: mhausenblas to draft demos for outreach
16:42:12 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - mhausenblas
16:42:18 <mhausenblas> ACTION: mhausenb to draft demos for outreach
16:42:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-101 - Draft demos for outreach [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-02-18].
16:43:47 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:43:47 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:46:32 <mhausenblas> Cory: shall we merge tech and outreach or keep separate?
16:46:37 <Cory> Proposal - combine projects into "outreach" project
16:46:40 <mhausenblas> Mh: focus on outreach, IMO
16:47:24 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:47:24 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:48:12 <mhausenblas> hg: we should reuse others work (re catalogues of catalogues and datasets) 
16:48:25 <mhausenblas> Cory: we should start with the executive primer
16:48:45 <mhausenblas> hg: ok to wait till we have more people on board
16:48:49 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:48:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:49:15 <mhausenblas> Cory: AOB?
16:49:17 <mhausenblas> hg: no
16:49:21 <mhausenblas> Mh: no
16:49:51 <mhausenblas> Cory: ok, so thanks everyone and see you next week
16:49:56 <Zakim> -Cory
16:49:57 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
16:49:59 <Zakim> -hg
16:49:59 <mhausenblas> [adjourned]
16:50:00 <Zakim> - +1.202.236.aaee
16:50:02 <Zakim> T&S_EGOV(LD Tech)10:00AM has ended
16:50:03 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.703.880.aaaa, +3539149aabb, mhausenblas, Cory, +0789422aacc, +0012aadd, hg, +1.202.236.aaee
16:50:12 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, bye
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-actions.rdf :
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: Cory to ask sandro re lobbying efforts (F2F, etc.) within W3C [1]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-26-00
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: Cory to propose a mission statement for our project [2]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-35-01
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: Hugh to draft a paragraph regarding gov agency business process and its implications on our outreach work [3]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-39-06
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: hg to draft a paragraph regarding gov agency business process and its implications on our outreach work [4]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-39-23
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: mhausenblas to draft demos for outreach [5]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-42-12
16:50:12 <RRSAgent> ACTION: mhausenb to draft demos for outreach [6]
16:50:12 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/11-egov-irc#T16-42-18
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000172