The purpose of the Web Payments Community Group is to discuss, research, prototype, test and document working systems in support of possible future standardization and interoperability of payments on the Web. The goal of this Group is to forge a path for a secure, decentralized system of web payments that would empower people on the Web to send and receive money as easily as they exchange instant messages and e-mail today. In addition to documentation, this Group collaborates on and shares various proof-of-concept solutions and components through open source methods, unencumbered by patents or royalties.
This is a list of projects that this group is interested in, actively discussing, or actively developing:
- GSoC2014ProjectIdeas - Project ideas for the Google Summer of Code 2014.
- UseCases - Use cases for Web Payments
- 2013FedPaymentsImprovements - A position paper sent to the US Federal Reserve requesting that the Web Payments work is considered as a template for a next generation payments architecture for the world.
- FedPaymentsPositionPaper - Paper submitted to the US Federal Reserve on the work being performed by the Web Payments group at W3C.
- WebPaymentsCommunityGroupCharterProposal - Web Payments Community Group Charter proposal.
- WebPaymentsWorkshopPositionPaper - The Community Group's position paper for the W3C Web Payments Workshop.
- WebPaymentsUsaidEpesoResponse - The Community Group's position paper for USAID's E-PESO Draft Statement of Work Response.
- WebPaymentsUseCases - Mobile use cases for Web Payments.
- WebPaymentsUseCases_r1 - Mobile use cases for Web Payments (Addition made to classify in categories like the Classified Web Payments Use Cases).