From Web Media Text Tracks Community Group
Resources for the W3C Web Media Text Tracks Community Group
The charter outlines the following deliverables. In this section of the Wiki we can keep track of progress, dates, drafts, and names of people, that relate to each deliverable.
- Documenting a semantic model underlying the caption formats in use, notably TTML, CEA 608/708, EBU STL, and WebVTT.
- Under way at Caption_Model
- Creating a community specification for WebVTT.
- Rough base text contributed at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-texttracks/2011Nov/0017.html
- Specification available at http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/
- Defining the mappings between WebVTT and some selected formats, including at least TTML (W3C/SMPTE), and CEA 608/708.
- 608 to WebVTT conversion under way at 608_to_WebVTT
- Creating web developer reference and tutorial material, including worked examples.
- Creating a test suite and/or tools.