From Schema Bib Extend Community Group
Meeting Call 21st November 2013 - 11:00am EST
- Comments on previous meeting
- Holdings Continue with decommercialisation of Offer (due for a prod on the public vocabs list - Richard - carried forward from last month).
- Use current proposal document as the basis for best practice documentation for library usage.
- Adaptation. Prepare a proposal to public-vocabs list for Access & Content based adaptation properties - Richard.
- Bring forward December meeting to Wednesday 11th December - Richard.
To view a recording of approx 1 hour call: Click Here
Note: will play using a WebEx browser plugin
Chat transcript from Call
From Karen Coyle to Everyone(04:15:17 PM)
From Richard Wallis to Everyone(04:23:28 PM)
From Niklas Lindström to Everyone(04:23:46 PM)
How about using hasPart/isPartOf to connect an article with its container (regardless of the type of that container)?
From Niklas Lindström to Everyone(04:25:38 PM)
From Niklas Lindström to Everyone(04:28:03 PM)
<article-1> :isPartOf [ :name "Journal Of Articles" ] .
From Niklas Lindström to Everyone(04:37:11 PM)
If both Periodical and Issuance are subclasses of Collection, an article can be described as being part of either or (or both).
From Owen Stephens to Everyone(04:51:43 PM)
Has everyone seen the work on holding ontology at https://github.com/dini-ag-kim/holding-ontology
From Owen Stephens to Everyone(04:52:13 PM)
Discussion on this happens on firstname.lastname@example.org list
From Karen Coyle to Everyone(04:52:37 PM)
owen, no, who is doin is?
From Owen Stephens to Everyone(04:53:33 PM)
It's a german initiative - work being done by Carsten Klee at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
From Karen Coyle to Everyone(04:53:40 PM)
and is there any human-readable documentation?
From Owen Stephens to Everyone(04:53:52 PM)
From Owen Stephens to Everyone(04:55:02 PM)
There is some stuff at https://wiki.dnb.de/display/DINIAGKIM/Scope+of+Holdings