The goals, scope, and vision of this community group on Best Practises for Multilingual Linked Open Data can be found in the group charter
Procedure and milestones [draft]
1. First, a classification will be made of the topics to be treated by the community. E.g., naming, URIs vs IRIs, linking, etc.
2. Then, we will make a call for use cases, trying to identify which of the previous topics are involved in each use case. E.g., ontology localisation, publication of MLOD from data silos, using MLOD in translation workflows, etc.
3. Next, we will organise dedicated telcos to discuss best practises for each of the topics, in the context of the identified use cases.
4. Finally, when we consider that the discussion about a topic is mature and some consensus is reached we will document it in a report.
We identify the following milestones [to be refined]:
- M1 - Kick-off meeting (June 2013)
- M2 - First draft of the report with topic selection and initial use cases (October 2013)
- M3 - Final draft of the report with final use cases and best practises (March 2014)
The selection of topics can be found at topic classification
The specification of generic use cases can be found in the use cases definition page.
The specification of some real application scenarios is documented here: case studies.
The annotations and background material that will be used for the discussion sessions can be found in the best practises - previous notes section.
The result of the discussions are documented in the best practises section.
The generated reports will be listed here
All meeting agendas and minutes are recorded in the page of meetings of the community group
This is a non exhaustive list of publications (in reverse chronological order) that might be of interest as basis of the discussions of the community group:
- J. E. Labra-Gayo, D. Kontokostas, and S. Auer, "Multilingual linked open data patterns", Semantic Web - Interoperability, Usability, Applicability, 2013. Available: http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/content/multilingual-linked-data-patterns
- J. Gracia, E. Montiel-Ponsoda, P. Cimiano, A. Gómez-Pérez, P. Buitelaar, and J. McCrae, "Challenges for the multilingual web of data," Journal of Web Semantics, vol. 11, pp. 63-71, Mar. 2012. Available: http://oa.upm.es/8848/1/Multiling.pdf
- E. Montiel-Ponsoda, D. Vila-Suero, B. Villazón-Terrazas, G. Dunsire, E. Escolano, and A. Gómez-Pérez, "Style guidelines for naming and labeling ontologies in the multilingual web," in Proc. Int'l Conf. on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications 2011 (2011), 2011, pp. 105-115. Available: http://dcevents.dublincore.org/index.php/IntConf/dc-2011/paper/view/47
- S. Auer, M. Weidl, J. Lehmann, A. J. Zaveri, and K. S. Choi, "I18n of semantic web applications," in Proceedings of the 9th international semantic web conference on The semantic web - Volume Part II, ser. ISWC'10. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2010, pp. 1-16. Available: http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer/publication/I18n.pdf