W3C

- DRAFT -

XML Processing Model WG

05 Feb 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Norm, Alex, Vojtech, Henry, Jim
Regrets
Chair
Norm
Scribe
Norm

Contents


Accept this agenda?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/02/05-agenda

Accepted.

Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/01/29-minutes

Accepted.

Next meeting: 19/20 Feb 2014 (face-to-face in Edinburgh).

Jim and Vojtech will attend remotely. Alex, Henry, Norm expected in person.

Review of open action items

Publish XPP as a Working Group Note

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html

Norm: I propose to request publication of that document as a Working Group Note, are there any objections?

None heard.

Face-to-face agenda

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2014Feb/0010.html

Norm: Any comments or proposes for changes?

Alex: Shouldn't we start with a review of the existing requirements document?

Norm: I'll add that to the agenda

Jim's SCXML review

Norm: Thank you, Jim, for doing that review.
... I think the net-net is that there's some similarity but sufficient differences that there's probably no value in attempting to coordinate more closely.

Jim: The only overlap really is the executable content; they say a processor may provide additional executable content. In theory you could drop XProc in there.
... There's some ambiguity in the spec wrt the context item; we could ask them about that. They're also using XPath 1.0, but I don't see any reason they couldn't upgrade.

Norm: Ok, but do you want the WG to do that?

Jim: I think we should send suggestions.

<scribe> ACTION: A-252-01 Jim to draft a proposed response to the SCXML WG. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-xproc-minutes.html#action01]

Progress on 1.0 bugs

None reported.

Any progress on step libraries

Jim: I'm pretty much ready to republish the steps.

Norm: Should we put that on the f2f agenda?

Jim: Yes

Norm: Ok.

Review of requirements document

-> http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc-v2-req/

Any other business?

Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: A-252-01 Jim to draft a proposed response to the SCXML WG. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-05 15:42:12 $