W3C

- DRAFT -

XML Processing Model WG

24 Jul 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Norm, Alex, Vojtech
Regrets
Henry
Chair
Norm
Scribe
Norm

Contents


Accept this agenda?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/07/24-agenda

Accepted.

Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/05/22-minutes

Accepted.

Next meeting: 21 August 2013

Norm rambles on about WG vacations and face to face meetings and such.

Accepted.

Review of open action items

No progress reported.

Face-to-face meeting

Resolved: We will meet on 26 and 27 September in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Vojtech: Do we know where exactly?

Alex: It believe it's in the Informatics building at the university.
... I nudged Henry to make sure we had a room reservation, but didn't get a reply.

<alexmilowski> 10 Crichton St Edinburgh, Midlothian EH8 9AB, UK

<scribe> ACTION: Henry to reserve working group meeting space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-xproc-minutes.html#action01]

Planning to make progress

Norm: I think the biggest topic is how we get things back on track to producing a result.
... We need goals for the f2f and an agenda

Alex: Where are we with the requirements document?
... Jim took it and then disappeared.

Norm: Yes. Uhm.

Alex: I'm wondering even where to look for the current draft.

<scribe> ACTION: Norm to republish a link to what the WG believes is the current requirements document. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-xproc-minutes.html#action02]

Alex: I still plan to publish the table with all the use cases and the solutions.
... We did that work but it's not in any document.

Norm: We should publish that as a note.
... We could republish the 1.0 Req doc with those results or publish it as a note.

<liam> [note: new charters become live today]

I forget what that means, liam

Norm: Plausible goals for the f2f: touch the processing model document one last time, produce the V.next requirements document, produce a note with the 1.0 use case solutions.
... I think if we don't get the V.next req doc done, we're going to continue to flounder.

Some discussion of the 1.0 use cases solutions

Norm muses that he might have time to work on it as a background task.

Alex points to the email archives where he sent a message about each use case.

Alex's emails are from the April/May 2012 timeframe

Any other business?

None heard.

Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Henry to reserve working group meeting space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Norm to republish a link to what the WG believes is the current requirements document. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-xproc-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-07-30 16:55:20 $