See also: IRC log
No regrets heard.
No prorgress reported.
Some discussion of possible dates.
Late June works better than July for the folks on the phone.
Proposal: two or three of the days 26-28 June.
Works for everyone on the phone.
Norm: I'll propose that in email; we'll see if we can nail it down firmly or abandon the plans at the next meeting or before the next meeting in email.
Norm: Without Jim we just have to continue those.
Alex: I'd like to take all the work I did on the old use cases. I could just create the table that I had imagined and give it to the WG.
Norm: Yes, please do.
Norm: I think this is editorial; we mean neither and we could make that clearer.
<scribe> ACTION: A-231-01: Norm to propose a resolution for bug 21007. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
Norm: I'll put a pointer to Alex's mail on the agenda for next time.
Alex: We could be publishing
steps that use potential V2 features.
... Is the right way to do that to use the new features or do it with XML.
Norm: I don't think we'd want to publish a note that uses potential new features.
Alex: I was thinking the other
way around, we could wrap the non-XML in XML for now.
... Is that the best thing? Down the road it might not be.
Norm: I think we might be better placed if we could get more V2 prep work done before doing new things like encryption and semantic web steps.
Alex: What are we doing next?
There's use case and requirements, there are zip/unzip steps,
then we've got features, then we've got more new steps.
... Even zip/unzip I wonder how that fits in with how we handle non-XML
... I guess the question is, what's the strategy?
Norm: We're in a bit of a bind.
The charter only lets us work on use cases and requirements for
... Steps looked like low hanging fruit, but it turns out to be out of reach too.
Alex: I'd be happier if we
actually had a finished use cases and requirements
... And that requires an editor with sufficient time.
Norm: I don't know how to make this work better.
Alex: I wonder if there are people in the community who would have more time
Norm: I don't know. New folks are welcome to join.
Some discussion of the charter.
<scribe> ACTION: A-231-02: Norm to revisit the processing model document with commenters. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-xproc-minutes.html#action02]