XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 198, 06 Oct 2011


See also: IRC log


Norm, Paul, Vojtech, Jim, Alex
Henry, Mohamed


Accept this agenda?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda


Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/07/21-minutes


Next meeting: telcon, 13 October 2011

Jim gives regrets.

Welcome back

Welcome back from summer vacation.

Technical plenary

Register and find accommodations!

Norm: I believe that Paul, Norm, Henry, Vojtech, Jim, and Alex will be at the f2f.
... I propose we discuss the agenda today or next week for sure.

Status update

Norm: I think there are only a few things open.
... There are some actions on me: conformance section, the test suite license, etc.
... There was a question about the doc('') function
... And there's the processor profiles document

<JimFuller> http://www.w3.org/XML/Processing/draft.html

Jim: I wrote a pipeline to keep the processing model page up to date.

Norm: Thank you!

Processor profile next steps

Norm summarizes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2011Oct/0000.html

<JimFuller> I like external declarations profile

Norm: Four profiles: basic, id, external declarations, and full

Norm proposes that we use those names in the next draft. Any objections?


Norm: Alex, you wanted to change the class names.

Alex: The name "B'" just bugs me. It's all about unparsed entities, so we could call it "U" or "S".

Norm: I think U might be confusing (with unparsed external entities). How about S

Alex: It doesn't really matter, it's just a label.

Norm: I propose we rename B' to S. Any objections?


Norm: We'll see if Henry objects when he's back.

Alex: I'd also like to change 4.2.3 to use something less confusing than "Entirely, for the same reason".
... I think we should use "per the case above" as the preceding section does.

Norm: That works for me.

Vojtech: How about making the sections cumulative. So each builds on the previous.

Alex: This is purely editorial.

<scribe> ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in 4.2.3. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html#action01]

Norm: I think that just leaves the last call comments.
... Would anyone be willing to go through the last call comments and try to propose resolutions for them.?

<JimFuller> I can have a go

Jim: I'll have a go.

F2F agenda

Alex: What are we going to do about test cases.

Norm: I think we said that this is like the infoset and is a spec for other specs to use and consequently doesn't have it's own implementation.

Alex: Ok.

Norm: I think the most important task on our plate is getting the processor profiles document finished.
... I think we've had some interest in talking about V.next

Alex: I have some V.next things to send out
... I think we also need to do some marketing.
... Other WGs do all sorts of things to build a community, I think we should try to do the same thing.

Norm: I agree.

Jim: I think getting some pipelines out there for people to download and immediately use would help.

Norm: I added xproc.org/library to help publish pipelines.

Jim: XProc is verbose, but it's very reusable. Standard pipelines can really help move that along.
... At the f2f, it would be nice to talk about how to make pipelines easier to distribute and use.

Norm: Anything else.
... I'll try to have a draft agenda for the f2f ready by next week.

Any other business

None heard. Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in 4.2.3. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/10/10 19:30:58 $