W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for July 12th, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


  1. User Agent FTF Meeting at Microsoft on 13-14 September 2001 hosted by Microsoft (Redmond, WA)


  1. [Proposal Issue 517] Proposal to address nested time containers
  2. [Proposal] "For content" and "For rendered content"
  3. [Proposal] Edits to text about speech output limitations.
  4. [Proposal] Checkpoint 10.4 highlight requirement and image maps
  5. [Proposal] Since content focus and user interface focus are required, make characteristics normative
  6. [Proposal] Minimum size for fonts for checkpoint 4.1
  7. [Clarification] How operating environment requirements apply for embedded operating environments (e.g., Java in Windows)
  8. [Clarification] Checkpoint 6.5 (alert of changes to content) does not apply to style changes
  9. Issue 516: Need clarification of issue (Al Gilman or SVG people)
  10. AT survey/telecon compilation and summary
  11. CR and PR requirements


Chair:Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Ian Jacobs

Jim Allan
Al Gilman
David Poehlman
Harvey Bingham
Mickey Quenzer
Tim Lacy
Gregory Rosmatia
Rich Schwerdtfeger

Dean Jackson
Jon Ferraiolo
Eric Hansen
Denis Anson

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

  1. none

New Action Items

  1. TL: Write to WMP people at Microsoft to get someone to attend
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0112.html

Completed Action Items

  1. IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to be one of the testers).
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137
  2. IJ: Request publication of newer UAAG 1.0 (4 June draft).
  3. IJ: - Add a link to "How People with Disabilities use the Web" from the section on the impact matrix. - Add reference to this document even though it's not yet a note.
  4. IJ: Continue to keep WG informed of meeting plans of FTF Meeting
  5. IJ: Add AT developers on the call today and Loretta to the mailing list
  6. IJ: Clarify for 1.1. the difference between spatially-dependent and independent access through the keyboard.
  7. IJ: Ensure that sufficient requirements are in checkpoint text, not notes.
  8. IJ: Write a proposal where control is required. If controlling parent allows control of synchronized child, this is sufficient
  9. IJ:: Clarify in document that icons only about claims.
  10. IJ and DJ: Discuss technical comments from SVG WG and bring back to both WGs
  11. JG: Organize a teleconference to address 4.6 and invite media people to attend.
    For example: Rob Lanphier of RealNetworks, Kathy Demaree of Microsoft (she is in charge of accessibility for the WMP), Geoff Freed, and Cindy King.
  12. GR: Review event checkpoints for techniques
  13. GR: Rewrite different markup (list of elements) that 2.9 applies to, for clarification.
  14. RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the WG.
    Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258
    Completed: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0111.html


Copyright  ©  2001 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.