WAI UA Telecon for July 12th, 2001
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- User Agent FTF
Meeting at Microsoft on 13-14 September 2001 hosted by Microsoft (Redmond,
- [Proposal Issue 517] Proposal to address nested time containers
- [Proposal] "For content" and "For rendered content"
- [Proposal] Edits to text about speech output limitations.
- [Proposal] Checkpoint 10.4 highlight requirement and image maps
- [Proposal] Since content focus and user interface focus are required,
make characteristics normative
- [Proposal] Minimum size for fonts for checkpoint 4.1
- [Clarification] How operating environment requirements apply for
embedded operating environments (e.g., Java in Windows)
- [Clarification] Checkpoint 6.5 (alert of changes to content) does not
apply to style changes
- Issue 516: Need clarification of issue (Al Gilman or SVG
- AT survey/telecon compilation and summary
- CR and PR requirements
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- TL: Write to WMP people at Microsoft to get someone to
- IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to
be one of the testers).
- IJ: Request publication of newer UAAG 1.0 (4 June draft).
- IJ: - Add a link to "How People with Disabilities use the Web" from
the section on the impact matrix. - Add reference to this document even though
it's not yet a note.
- IJ: Continue to keep WG informed of meeting plans of FTF Meeting
- IJ: Add AT developers on the call today and Loretta to the mailing
- IJ: Clarify for 1.1. the difference between spatially-dependent and
independent access through the keyboard.
- IJ: Ensure that sufficient requirements are in checkpoint text, not
- IJ: Write a proposal where control is required. If controlling parent
allows control of synchronized child, this is sufficient
- IJ:: Clarify in document that icons only about claims.
- IJ and DJ: Discuss technical comments from SVG WG and bring back to
- JG: Organize a teleconference to address 4.6 and invite media people
For example: Rob Lanphier of RealNetworks, Kathy Demaree of
Microsoft (she is in charge of accessibility for the WMP), Geoff Freed, and
- GR: Review event checkpoints for
- GR: Rewrite different markup (list of elements) that 2.9 applies to,
- RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the