WAI UA Telecon for December 14th, 2000
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 14 December 2000
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001
- W3C representatives respond to WAI charters and proposal
- Glosary group formed in WCAG
#405: Checkpoint 4.17: Need stronger requirement to distinguish selection/focus
#406: Checkpoint 4.18: Lower to Priority 3
#407: Checkpoint 4.20: Include requirement to control automatic closing of
#408: Checkpoint 4.20: Allow configuration to prompt to open, not force manual
#409: Checkpoint 4.20: If frames are not opened, what is result?
#410: Checkpoint 4.21: Is this redundant to 4.20?
#411: Checkpoint 4.21: Not just for GUIs but for any interface with overlapping
#412: Checkpoint 5.8: Editorial association between first and second
#413: Checkpoint 6.2: Does this only apply to content?
#414: Checkpoint 7.3: Need stronger min requirements
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Ian Jacobs
- WG: look for user agents that implement mouse events like mouse over
with the keyboard.
- IJ: Follow up with Greg Lowney on issue 389
- IJ: (Issue 387) Propose new wording for check point 8.4 reflecting
discussion on 28 November
- IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for
- IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting
- IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference
- IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question
(equivalence, text element, etc.)
- IJ: Draft new language for 6.2
- IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform",
"implement", etc.) for issue 327
- IJ: Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the
requirements related to comments in issue 348.
- IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.
- IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3
- IJ: Proposed fixed wording for 7.5
- IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.
- IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.
- IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)
- IJ: 1.4 needs to be re-written in light of changes in checkpoint
- IJ: Proposed text in 2.1
- IJ: Add a note to 5.8 - content requirements may also apply to user
- IJ: Mention that resizing and overiding absolute values is part of
some specification in section 1.2
- IJ: Clarify the meaning of system colors
a) clarify "recognize style" in checkpoints 4.5
more rational - refer to WCAG - style less important than other content
add note 4.5 - give example of multimedia content that can be recognized as
- IJ: Add technique to checkpoint 4.12 to make clear that:
includes author-override if speech engine allows.
- This includes whatever
granularity offered by speech engine.
- IJ: Add a clarifying note to 4.11 that if you allow independent
control of all sources of audio, you satisfy the checkpoint as well.
- JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
- JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in
- JG: Schedule face-to-face time with other WGs
- JG: Talk to Cindy King about captioning
- JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
- AG: Send a reply to Phill related to issue 362
- GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation
- GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.
- GR: Talk to AFB about captioning and positioning
- JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation
- MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the
techniques document based on OpenBook.
- KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and
number of items in search
- IJ: Add a P3 checkpoint on user control of windows that automatically
- IJ: Add a clarification to checkpoint 4.20 including:
- If a viewport includes other viewports, then this requirement
only applies to the topmost viewport.
- Add a Note that other requirements still apply to
- IJ: Delete second sentence from 4.21
- IJ: Add to end of first sentence "with which it overlaps" in
- IJ: Add "that benefit accessibility" to end of second sentence of
- JG: Contact Greg Lowney and ask for a counter-proposal about minimal
requirement. for checkpoint 7.3
- JA: Review SMIL players to find out which ones support positioning of
- JG: Write a proposal to the WG this week for a checkpoint about
discerning focus from selection all the time