WAI UA Telecon for November 30th, 2000
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 30 November
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
- Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001
- Issues list changes related to additional last call comments
#392: Checkpoint 1.4: Overly
#393: Checkpoint 1.2: Change to P2 for exposing through other programmatic
#394: Checkpoint 2.1: Vague about what cannot be provided through a source view
#395: Checkpoint 3.8: Make images optional
#396: New requirement: Allow user to override absolute values
#397: Checkpoint 4.3 (and other color checkpoints): Need to define "system
#398: Checkpoint 4.5 (4.6, 4.8, 4.9): Need definition of "not recognized as
#399: Checkpoint 4.7: Implementation experience for this?
#400: Checkpoint 4.11: Why limited to sources synchronized to play
Chair: Jon Gunderson
Scribe: Kitch Barnicle
- Action IJ: Follow up with Greg Lowney on issue 389
- IJ: (Issue 387) Propose new wording for check point 8.4 reflecting
discussion on 28 November
- IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for
- IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting
- IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference
- IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question
(equivalence, text element, etc.)
- IJ: Draft new language for 6.2
- IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform",
"implement", etc.) for issue 327
- IJ: Talk to the Director about DOM 2 proposal discussed at FTF
- IJ: Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the
requirements related to comments in issue 348.
- IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.
- IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3
- IJ: Proposed fixed wording for 7.5
- IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.
- IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.
- IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)
- JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
- JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in
- AG: Send a reply to Phill related to issue 362
- GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation
- GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.
- MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the
techniques document based on OpenBook.
- KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and
number of items in search
- JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation
- CMN: Send a proposed definition of equivalent to the group
- IJ: 1.4 needs to be re-written in light of changes in checkpoint
- IJ: Proposed text in 2.1
- IJ: Add a note to 5.8 - content requirements may also apply to user
- IJ: Mention that resizing and overiding absolute values is part of
some specification in section 1.2
- IJ: Clarify the meaning of system colors
a) clarify "recognize style" in checkpoints 4.5
more rational - refer to WCAG - style less important than other content
add note 4.5 - give example of multimedia content that can be recognized as
- WG: look for user agents that implement mouse events like mouse over
with the keyboard.
- JG: Ask PF people, especially Rich, about user agents that implement
mouse events like mouse over with the keyboard next week at ER-PF FTF.
- AG: Send info about portable point of sale to Ian for his reply for
- MQ: Review speech checkpoints for implementation information
- HB: Find out how Daisy addresses synthesizer voice characteristics