W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for November 30th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 30 November
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


  1. Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001


  1. Issues list changes related to additional last call comments
  2. Issue #392: Checkpoint 1.4: Overly broad
  3. Issue #393: Checkpoint 1.2: Change to P2 for exposing through other programmatic means.
  4. Issue #394: Checkpoint 2.1: Vague about what cannot be provided through a source view
  5. Issue #395: Checkpoint 3.8: Make images optional
  6. Issue #396: New requirement: Allow user to override absolute values
  7. Issue #397: Checkpoint 4.3 (and other color checkpoints): Need to define "system colors"
  8. Issue #398: Checkpoint 4.5 (4.6, 4.8, 4.9): Need definition of "not recognized as style"
  9. Issue #399: Checkpoint 4.7: Implementation experience for this?
  10. Issue #400: Checkpoint 4.11: Why limited to sources synchronized to play simultanously?


Chair: Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Kitch Barnicle

Ian Jacobs
David Poehlman
Harvey Bingham
Gregory Rosmaita
Mickey Quenzer

Eric Hansen
Charles McCathieNevile
Jim Allan

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

  1. Action IJ: Follow up with Greg Lowney on issue 389
  2. IJ: (Issue 387) Propose new wording for check point 8.4 reflecting discussion on 28 November
  3. IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for emacspeak
  4. IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting
  5. IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference
  6. IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question (equivalence, text element, etc.)
  7. IJ: Draft new language for 6.2
  8. IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform", "implement", etc.) for issue 327
  9. IJ: Talk to the Director about DOM 2 proposal discussed at FTF meeting
  10. IJ: Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the requirements related to comments in issue 348.
  11. IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.
  12. IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3 and7.4.
  13. IJ: Proposed fixed wording for 7.5
  14. IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.
  15. IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.
  16. IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)
  17. JG: Implementation information for guideline 2
  18. JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in scripts.
  19. AG: Send a reply to Phill related to issue 362
  20. GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information
  21. GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.
  22. MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the techniques document based on OpenBook.
  23. KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and number of items in search
  24. JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information
  25. CMN: Send a proposed definition of equivalent to the group

New Action Items

  1. IJ: 1.4 needs to be re-written in light of changes in checkpoint 1.1.
  2. IJ: Proposed text in 2.1
  3. IJ: Add a note to 5.8 - content requirements may also apply to user interface
  4. IJ: Mention that resizing and overiding absolute values is part of some specification in section 1.2
  5. IJ: Clarify the meaning of system colors
  6. IJ:
    a) clarify "recognize style" in checkpoints 4.5
    b) need more rational - refer to WCAG - style less important than other content
    c) add note 4.5 - give example of multimedia content that can be recognized as style
  7. WG: look for user agents that implement mouse events like mouse over with the keyboard.
  8. JG: Ask PF people, especially Rich, about user agents that implement mouse events like mouse over with the keyboard next week at ER-PF FTF.

Completed Action Items

  1. AG: Send info about portable point of sale to Ian for his reply for issue 377
  2. MQ: Review speech checkpoints for implementation information
  3. HB: Find out how Daisy addresses synthesizer voice characteristics configuration

Link to Minutes

Copyright  ©  2000 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.