W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Face-To-Face Meeting for November 16-17th, 2000


Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday-Friday, 16-17 November 2000
Location22000 AOL Way (Headquarters), Dulles, Virginia 20166
Telephone bridge information: see meeting page


(actual times may vary depending on the time needed to process last call issues)


8:30-9:00 Breakfast hosted by AOL

9:00-9:10 Introductions and review of issues list

9:10-10:30 Processing of last call issues

10:30-10:45 Break

10:45-12:00 Processing of last call issues

12:00-1:00 Lunch hosted by AOL

1:00-2:45 Processing of last call issues

2:45-3:00 Break

3:00-5:00 Processing of last call issues

~6:30 Working group dinner (to be arranged)


8:30-9:00 Breakfast hosted by AOL

9:00-10:30 Processing of last call issues

10:30-10:45 Break

10:45-11:15 Implementation Report

11:15-12:00 Techniques Document

12:00-1:00 Lunch hosted by AOL

1:00-2:45 Discussion of post recommendation group activities

  1. Requirements for next version of the guidelines
  2. Coordination with other W3C working groups (PF for Voice Browser and Mobile)
  3. Coordination with other guidelines working groups (ERT/AU, WCAG), including meetings at all W3C working group FTF meetings in February/March 2001
  4. Promotion of the guidelines with developers (AT and mainstream)
  5. Product reviews and implementation tracking

2:45-3:00 Review of action items

3:00 Meeting adjourns

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

  1. IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for emacspeak
  2. IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting
  3. IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference
  4. GR: Contacts for Dolphin for reviewing WCAG
  5. GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information
  6. MQ: Review speech checkpoints for implementation information
  7. KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and number of items in search
  8. JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information
  9. HB: Review guideline 3 for implementation information
  10. CMN: Send a proposed definition of equivalent to the group
  11. JG: Implementation information for guideline
  12. GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.
  13. MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the techniques document based on OpenBook.

New Action Items

meeting not yet held

Completed Action Items

  1. JG: Ask group for face-to-face agenda items

Copyright  ©  2000 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.