W3C logo Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) logo

WAI UA Telecon for September 26th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Tuesday, 26 September
Time: 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items


  1. FTF Meeting update


  1. Issue 314: How to distinguish "important elements" (not just type?) Comments from Al Gilman on 7.6
  2. Issue 317: Proposal to reduce number of applicability clauses for conformance to a checkpoint
  3. Definition: Use of the term primary content


Chair: Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Eric Hansen

David Poehlman
Ian Jacobs
Al Gilman
Gregory Rosmaita
Rich Schwerdtfeger
Tim Lacy
Mickey Quezner

Kitch Barnicle
Denis Anson
Jim Allan
Charles McCathieNevile
Harvey Bingham



  1. Issue 314: How to distinguish "important elements" (not just type?) Comments from Al Gilman on 7.6
    1. Make lists of important elements informative
    2. Make minimal navigation requirements forward and backward
    3. Use same configuration for important elements 7.6 and 8.4
    4. Talk about Al's and others functional requirements for identifying important elements (element type and number of resulting navigatable elements)

Open Action Items

  1. IJ: Propose text for a note explaining the implementation issues related to providing user agent generated content through the DOM
  2. GR: Proposed repair checkpoints
  3. KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and number of items in search
  4. RS: Send information (if you can) about tagging for information for improving performance

New Action Items

  1. JG: Talk to Ian about adding a column to the impact matrix for supporting authors in creating accessible content

Completed Action Items


Link to Minutes

Copyright  ©  2000 W3C (MIT, INRIA, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.