W3C

WCAG Weekly Telecon

27 Sep 2007

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Liddy_Nevile, Andy_Heath, Roberto_Scano, Ben_Caldwell, Cynthia_Shelly, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Sean_Hayes, Drew_LaHart, David_MacDonald, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero, Nikolaos_Floratos
Regrets
Sofia_Celic
Chair
Gregg_Vanderheiden
Scribe
Christophe

Contents


<Loretta> Sorry, Christophe.

<rellero__> how is passcode?

<rscano> zakim I am Roberto_Scano

<rellero__> 92241# is not valid, how is the passcode?

<rellero__> 92241 is not valid

<rellero__> tx

<Gregg> acj

<bengt> many bens

<scribe> Scribe: Christophe

Announcements, Questions, and Updates

Discussion of Metadata and proposals posted to list (GL)

See list archives: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0180.html and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0181.html

<bengt> http://www.inclusivelearning.ca/tile/

Resolution: go back and find advisory techniques re metadata
... look for and propose sufficient metadata techniques where there is support in the technologies
... commission a draft for "Understanding Metadata" and other notes for review by the WG

Misc. Questions for 20 September 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/2xaw8a

Resolution: Issues 2158, 2082, 2210, 2063 accepted by unanimous consent

Issue 2003: Disabled elements should have a lower contrast ratio...

<scribe> ACTION: Loretta to try to incorporate the 1.4.3 note into the provision [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

Resolution: Issue 2003 accepted as ammended.

Issue 2272

<awk> brb

<scribe> ACTION: Alex to draft technique for Issue 2272. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]

Resolution: Issue 2272 accepted as ammended.

Issue 2290: extend alternative to text to audio-only or video-only

Resolution: Issue 2290 accepted as ammended.

Issue 2162: readability formulas

<scribe> ACTION: Sean to look up authors of readability tools in MS products [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]

Resolution: Issue 2162 accepted as ammended.

Issue 2175: Why "18 point or 14 point bold"?

Resolution: Issue 2175 accepted as ammended.

Announcements, Questions, and Updates

Miscellaneous Proposals for 27 Sep 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/3xjzaf

Issue 2358: There is no SC governing the visibility of focus

<MichaelC> ACTION: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say applets ideally follow platform preferences

<Zakim> Christophe, you wanted to say "re ACTION: look at :focus instead of :active?"

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say the failure about not overriding is important

<Zakim> Ben, you wanted to say, "this is partially covered in F55"

Resolution: Leave issue 2358 open for rework

Issue 1980: no provision for link highlighting

Resolution: Leave issue 1980 open for rework

Issue 1994: SC 2.4.1: use of term "block of content"

Resolution: Issue 1994 accepted.

Issue 2007: Page title as context

Resolution: Issue 2007 accepted.

Issues 2016, 2126, 2031: SC 1.4.1 Color Differences

<scribe> ACTION: Gregg to review all responses to SC 1.4.4, with special emphasis on 2126 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action05]

Resolution: accept 1.4.1 as ammended and SC 1.4.1 issues as ammended (2016, 2126, 2031, 2205, 2255)

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Alex to draft technique for Issue 2272. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Gregg to review all responses to SC 1.4.4, with special emphasis on 2126 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Loretta to try to incorporate the 1.4.3 note into the provision [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Sean to look up authors of readability tools in MS products [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007-09-28 14:30:27 $