TSD TF is a joint task force of the Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group (WCAG WG).
This Work Statement for the WCAG 2.0 Test Samples Development Task Force (TSD TF) has been approved by ERT WG and approved by WCAG WG. The Task Force is active.
The objective of TSD TF is to develop test samples for WCAG 2.0 Techniques (content examples that demonstrate correct or incorrect implementation of WCAG 2.0 Techniques). TSD TF will not develop test procedures for WCAG 2.0 Techniques or definitive interpretations thereof but will review the test procedures to be unambiguous and send feedback to WCAG WG.
TSD TF operates under the ERT WG charter and carries out the following tasks:
- Review the test procedures for WCAG 2.0 Techniques to ensure that they are unambiguous, easy to read by humans and easy to implement in software;
- Provide a mechanism for developers and other interested parties to contribute test samples for WCAG 2.0 Techniques and actively encourage such submissions;
- Evaluate contributed test samples and develop test samples that are suitable for WCAG 2.0 Techniques (coordinate with WCAG WG to prioritize the order of work);
- Send deliverables to ERT WG and, if it is satisfactory, sends these deliverables to WCAG WG for final review and approval.
TSD TF communications are publicly visible. Communication mechanisms for TSD TF include:
- The TSD TF mailing list and mailing list archives;
- Weekly (or more frequently, as needed) teleconferences, minutes from the teleconferences are sent to ERT WG and WCAG WG mailing lists;
- Monthly (or more frequently, as needed) updates and feedback in ERT WG and WCAG WG teleconferences, as appropriate;
- Regular submission of deliverables to WCAG WG for review, approval, and incorporation into WCAG 2.0 Technique documents;
- Summary of current status and progress on the ERT WG home page.
TSD TF participants must be participants of ERT WG or of WCAG WG; and must actively contribute to the work of TSD TF, including:
- Minimum 4 hours per week of TSD TF work (especially evaluating contributed test samples and developing test samples for WCAG 2.0 Techniques);
- Remain current on the TSD TF mailing list and respond in a timely manner to postings;
- Participate in TSD TF telephone meetings, or send regrets to the TSD TF mailing list.
Contact Shadi Abou-Zahra (email@example.com) to become a participant of TSD TF or with questions.
- Staff contact: Shadi Abou-Zahra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ERT WG facilitator: Carlos Velasco
- WCAG WG facilitator: Christophe Strobbe
The Task Force participants are (list in development):
- Carlos Iglesias, ERT WG
- Carlos Velasco, ERT WG
- Christophe Strobbe, WCAG WG
- Michael Cooper, WCAG WG
- Shadi Abou-Zahra, ERT WG
- Tim Boland, WCAG WG
Last updated on $Date: 2008/05/20 06:55:44 $ by $Author: shadi $