Accessible Web design contributes to better design for other
- Multi-modality (support for visual, auditory, tactile
access) benefits users of:
- mobile phones with small display screens, Web-TV,
- Multi-modality increases usability of Web sites in
- low bandwidth (images are slow to download);
- noisy environments (difficult to hear the audio);
- screen-glare (difficult to see the screen);
- driving (eyes and hands are "busy").
- Redundant text/audio/video can support:
- different learning styles; low literacy levels;
- Style sheets can support:
- more efficient page transmission and site maintenance.
- Captioning of audio files supports:
- better machine indexing of content; faster searching of