ⓘ form – user-submittable form # T
element represents a user-submittable form.
Permitted attributes #
- Any attributes permitted globally.
URL potentially surrounded by spaces
- The submission action for the form.
method = "get"
- The HTTP method with which a UA is meant to associate
this element for form submission.
enctype = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
- A MIME type with which a UA is meant to associate the
form contents for form submission.
name = string
- The name part of the name/value pair associated with this
element for the purposes of form submission.
list of character-encoding names
- Specifies the character encodings used for form
or "" (empty string) or empty
- Specifies that the element represents a form that is not
meant to be validated during form submission.
browsing-context name or keyword
- A browsing context or keyword that represents the target
of the form.
that is either of the following:
"on" or "off"
- Specifies whether the element represents a form for
which by default a UA is meant to store the values entered
into its input
elements by the user (so that the UA can pre-fill the form
Additional constraints and admonitions #
The form element must not contain any nested
Permitted parent elements #
any element that can contain
Typical default display properties #
margin-top: 0em; }