IETF W3C   XML Signature WG

Chairs: Donald Eastlake and Joseph Reagle
Note Taker: Joseph Reagle [text]


Review of Outstanding Action Items

Status of documents < 5 minutes

Requirements Document: As it is being proposed as an InformationalRFC, it need not be IETF last call. Schiller reports he will bring it up to IESG and expects action within a few weeks.

Core Syntax and Processing: Solo's been working on editorial issues and clean up, will post something Thursday or Friday. Editors will then try a slight re-org to try to provide clarity between cryptographic syntax/processing and ObjectReference syntax/processing

Signature Syntax & Processing draft questions:

Reagle: my plan is (working backwards):

Fox: XPath discussion has perhaps got us off the target, need to focus on the specification and interoperable syntax and protocol. Getting in to behavior can get confusing.

Bartel: realized that XPath is used for two things:

  1. sign an ancestor of the signature element.
  2. programmatic document definition

Boyer: The present spec fulfills his needs. Ways to do what Himes needs to do to as well, just not in the core behavior/standardized.

[... light discussion/review no proposals or action items....]

ACTION Fox: will check with David about the Algorithm section and perhaps make another pass through.

Con call restart next year. < 5 minutes

Editors should focus on clarifying the present spec.

Have the call on the 9th and 16th, Eastlake will notify if he doesn't think we need a call that week.

Otherwise, start back up on January 6th

Face to Face meeting arrangements < 10 minutes

January 21 Friday after the RSA conference. Need to get details from Rags and post by end of week.