Implementing P3P 1.1
Developers are encouraged to implement P3P user agents, policy generators, and other tools based on the P3P 1.1 Last Call Specification. This specification is stable. The Last Call only revealed minor typos and errors in the ABNF. We hope now to get more feedback from implementers.
Once P3P 1.1 will go to Candidate Recommendation, the P3P Specification Working Group expects to develop validation tools and a testsuite.
Implementing P3P 1.0
Guidelines, Examples, and Other Useful Resources
As P3P 1.1 only changed in some parts, the resources below that where developed for P3P 1.0 are still useful information.
- The Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0 Deployment Guide
- Example Safe Zone policy
- XML Schema for the P3P base data set
Feedback and Discussion
For developers, there are two ways to provide feedback about our P3P specifications.
- Send your comment to the public list for developers
This is the preferred method of providing feedback. To subscribe,
email firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe" in the Subject.
The list is
The first time you send something to the list, you will be prompted by email to confirm your posting to the list and to the archive. The confirmation has to be validated at the Web-site indicated in the confirmation-request.
To unsubscribe, please send email to email@example.com with 'unsubscribe' in the subject.
- Alternatively, if you do not wish your comment to be made public, you can send your comment to Rigo Wenning. He will forward it to a list that is only accessible to W3C members.
- For more policy-oriented questions, please direct yourself to www-p3p-policy. This is a mailing list for people who are responsible for creating P3P policies for web sites to discuss issues that come up in the process of making their web sites P3P compliant.To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe" in the Subject.
In either case, if your comments are relevant to the P3P specifications, we will forward your comment to the appropriate P3P working group and will attempt to respond to your comment within 4 weeks.