| Mobile Code
Evaluation with respect to
Distributed Hypermedia Applications
- Runtime Safety
- Yes, with runtime typechecks
- System Safety
- scheme48's module system would allow for
system safety ala Obliq or Safe-Tcl, but there's a lot of work to be
done. I think the folks at NEC are working on it.
- Thread-aware I/O
- Cross-Platform GUI API
- Module System
- Yes. Very original.
- Yes, scheme errors and conditions.
- marshal/unmarshal heap objects to C.
- TCP/IP API
- Mobile Closures
- NEC folks are working on it, I think.
Licensing and other Intellectual Property Rights Issues
MIT/X style copyright.
$Date: 1996/12/09 03:29:29 $